UN-Invitation: Transforming the mindset in pursuing a transformative development agenda
Sponsored by the Permanent Missions of Austria and Pakistan to the United Nations, in collaboration with the Office for ECOSOC Support and Coordination, UN-DESA
“Transforming the mindset in pursuing a transformative development agenda” Conference Room 5,
United Nations Thursday 29 January 2015, 11 am – 1 pm
The United Nations will embark on a crucial year of negotiations for the adoption of the post-2015 development agenda. An agenda that is expected to transform the way the societies consume, produce and pursue their development goals, including poverty eradication. Such a transformative agenda requires a major change in mind-set both for global agreement and its implementation.
Professor Carol S. Dweck is the Lewis and Virginia Eaton Professor of Psychology at Stanford University, and bestselling author of Mindset: The New Psychology of Success. Professor Dweck’s work bridges developmental psychology, social psychology, and personality psychology, and examines the self-conceptions (or mindsets) people use to guide their behavior. Her research looks at the origins of these mindsets, their role in motivation and self-regulation, and their impact on achievement and inteerpersonal processes. Professor Dweck is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and is a member of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences.
The presentation will explore:
• changes and adaptation in mindset and behavior required to reach common objectives in global agreements.
• how the UN can support a change of mindset in a collective effort towards global transformation.
• Welcome remarks by H E Mr. Martin Sajdik (Austria), President of the Economic and Social Council
• Introductory statement by H E Mr. Masood Khan (Pakistan), Permanent Representative of Pakistan to the United Nations
• Keynote presentation by Professor Carol Dweck, Professor of Psychology, Stanford University
• Question and answer session
• Closing remarks
All with a valid UN grounds pass are invited to attend.
Receive Website Updates
Like us on Facebook
Trends in enterpreneurship and cooperation between civil society and the UN. (Council of Europe-Russia in Focus).[...]
- (Live Streaming) The Humanitarian Crisis in Ukraine: Impact and Solutions – Columbia University
- The Humanitarian Crisis in Ukraine: Impact and Solutions, Columbia University, Monday April 20th, 6 – 7:45pm
- Press conference following the nuclear negotiations with Iran by Federica MOGHERINI, High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the EC, and Mohammad Javad ZARIF, Iranian Minister for Foreign Affairs
- #idefend – Making sure civil society has its voice
- EU successfully launches two Galileo satellites: message by Elżbieta Bieńkowska on the objectives and benefits of Galileo, the EU’s satellite navigation programme