Shizuka

Lao Shan

• Members
  • 690 posts
  • PSN:LancerEvox2k
  • Kai:Lancer.Evox.2k
  • LocationJapan

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

List of Helpful Guides & References Includes revamps/improvements of several guides w/ more links~ ^^

I think that we should compile a list of helpful guides to aid all hunters who are pretty new, or just hunters who are stuck in translation, to this game.
Please refer to most of these before asking your questions in-game, thank you~ =]

*Note: Some of these are not really complete yet~ so bear with it! Otherwise, just use the Japanese Guides and understand them yourselves~ ^^

====================================================
Getting Started Guides:

MHFO JP Installation Guide - Guide for everything you need to know to get started, by me.
MHFO JP Payment Guide - Guide for everything you need to know about paying for the game, by smash.
MHFO JP How To's - Guide by smash. Features: Leaving and applying for a guild and Installing the Japanese IME.
EVPN/E2G Guide - Guide by smash. This is for people who doesn't like the free VPN lag and how it sucks your bandwidth, shelling a out a few dollars (~$4.50 a month) in the process. It is not guaranteed that you are better off with this VPN so trying first for a month to compare may not hurt.
Controller Guide - Rikon's guide on how to hook up your gaming controller to your computer to play MHFO. Will work with: Wiimotes/PSP/PS3/Xbox controllers. Otherwise, one can just buy a USB to xxx controller adapter.
Reference Guides:

MHFO Chat/Etiquette - Guide for basic Chat functions. Also a detailed guide on how to deal with Japanese players in this game, manners and the whole she-bang.
MHFO Reference SpreadSheet - A Downloadable reference guide for the whole game in general. This shows armor skills, romanji for several kanji-written items and katakana to english monster name translations. This was updated at F2 and credit goes to Pola.
Material/Item Reference - DLoadable excel spreadsheet made by Bohdaker. It features translations for items and monster materials from English to Korean/Japanese/Chinese. Still incomplete, but still helpful.
Monster Name Translations - even more monster name katakana to romanji translations in-game, by smash.
Armor Skills Translations - even more armor skill jp to english translations in-game, by kiddo.
General Guides:

Weapon Moves/Controls Guide - *Coming Soon*
Rasta Guide - A guide by vengro and smash, basically breaking down Rastas. You need to be HR 11+ to hire Legendary and other hunters' rastas.
Caravan Gem Hunting - A guide made by me about caravan gems. Quick breakdown: the more you do caravan quests and increasing all your color counts, the more equippable skills you can get. This is for HR 17 and above hunters, once Parone (the area at the bottom right corner that can be entered from Mezeporta Square) becomes available.
Caravan Farm Guide - Guide by Pola about the Caravan farm, which is available once you unlock Parone.
Furnishings/My Gallery Guide - My Gallery Guide I made to obtain those awesome 剛力珠 gems (+3 attack, +2 crit, +2 adre).
Armor Skill Simulator - Guide by Pirlo, to help hunters know what to armor parts that they want to get the skills to desire. The application will basically suggest armors that have the skills that you want, and you will pick and create gems/parts/cuffs. Includes material searches too, but everything is in Japanese. This is super helpful.
MHFO Festival/Carnival - Guide by smash about festival (a.k.a. red vs. blue or guild wars). Basically, all guilds will be assigned one color, everyone will get a list, and the hunter will hunt/kill/capture that monster listed in there to get points to turn in. The guilds with the most points wins and will be rewarded with tickets/quests to make festival weapons/armor. 1st week: guild sign-up, 2nd week: festival/point system is active, 3rd week: claim rewards/festival quests.
Cash Shop/Long Play Stamps/Titles/Paw Coins/Event Codes Guide - All-in-1 guide, for the people who has the $$$ mostly to create and upgrade their gear. Also features the weekly HL/EX stamp guide and briefly explains daily event titles.
My garden Guide - All you need to know about My Garden.
My Garden's Gook Guide - Includes how to obtain your cute Gooks. Also with its customization, uses, and other stuff information~ =P
My Tore Guide - Complete breakdown of the HR 51 My Tore. Covers Poogies, Airu Square, and your My Tore girl~ ^^
My Halk Guide - Everything you need to know about your flying friend, the incredible Halk!
Raviente Guide - About Lunchers, Support, Killers, the works. Written by Pirlo.
Raviente Fight Guide - An semi-helpful Ravi guide that focuses more on fighting, written by Pola.
Hunter Rank UP Guide - HRP guide with urgents, unlockables, suggestions to farm, available monsters & areas.
The Unknown Guide - The Unknown Hunting Guide. Not recommended for everyone! =]
Higher Rank (HardCore) Guides (HR 100 to HR 500 and beyond):

Style Rank and HardCore Quests Guide - A guide by vengro, breaking down what is Style Rank and HardCore quests.
HardCore/SR Equipment - A revamp and an extension from vengro's guide. This includes HC carves and equipment, along with SR armor information.
Gou/HR 100 Weapons - Guide on how to obtain those HR 100 Gou weapons and armors, and know what are so special about them, written by me.
Other Japanese Wiki Guides/Manuals/References/Blogs:

<<<MHF JP Guides>>>
Ferias - A very helpful all-resource guide for this game. Almost every guide is updated here, if you look for it!
MHF Wiki - Another great alternative wiki guide.
MHF's Official Online Manual - The main game's official manual.
<<<Official MHF JP Links>>>
Capcom Online Games - The main COG Website.
Official MHF COG website - Lists new Events, Campaigns, Updates, Previews, and any other happenings in this game.
Weekly Quest List - From the MHF COG website. You can view last week's list and next week's preview with this as well. Updated weekly of course~ ^^
Cash Armor Shop List - From the MHF COG Website. Buy them if you wish through the main COG website.
Festival/Carnival Main Page - Lists the festival's scores/history/rewards/etc.
Festival/Carnival Competitions - For the competitive players out there, which is held for some days during festival sign-up week. Lists ranking history as well.
My Page - Log in to claim your codes that you got from the Cash Shop/Campaigns/Packages/Etc to input in the game.
<<<Quick Reference Links>>>
Damage Calculator - From ferias. There is also an option to compare and contrast weapons/bullets, if you just visit the ferias link and click the options under ダメージシミュレータ.
Skill Simulator - Quick Skill Simulator link from pirlo's guide.
Material/Item List & Search - Has the list for every material in the game. You just need to be able to write/paste/find the material's name in it and it will tell you how to obtain it from there. Link from ferias.
Daily Priority Generator - I want my SR armor! Generates the schedule when will those priority monsters will appear!
Best Meal List - Link from ferias, for a quick reference for the most popular/best bentou combinations per season.
MHF Armor Reference - To see how armors will look like before you wear it! Sorted by sex and by its furigana name. You MUST have the Japanese Language exception activated with your Web Browser to view.
<<<Blogs>>>
MHSouga Blog - Awesome blog where several MHF JP players share their findings/videos/info/silliness(www)/etc.
Ikirukaru Blog - An alternative blog besides the MHSouga one.
MHF Official Twitter - MHF's official Twitter account. Keep a lookout for campaigns, news, etc here!
2Chan - Live posting log by a lot of Japanese MHF players/other games. Beware of spammers (and liars, xD).

Edited by SMASHER587, 20 January 2013 - 11:57 PM.

shizpugi.gif < = (´・(00)・`)ノ 。。。クリックOK!

||| shizunyan.co.nf ||| www.twitch.tv/shizu_nyan ||| www.youtube.com/shizunyan69 |||

#2 Joker

Joker

Slayer of Demons

• Staff
  • 1,232 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:37 PM

Excellent effort getting all this linked together.

I'll pin this.

Need help with the forums? Feel free to PM me!

Moderatin' since 2010.

#3 Picante

Picante

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • PSN:prphairball
  • LocationJapan

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:52 PM

No PvP guide coming soon? :( ....lol
I haven't really bother with this yet. I did find a guide on mhfn00bs for it but it only seems to cover the basic set up for it.

MHFO(Jp Server 1)- SR999 双, 笛, ,

http://www.youtube.c...ll?feature=mhee

#4 Olzen

Olzen

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:58 PM

Good Job Shizuka :excl:

Very Helpfull , one of my favorite MH Link now. B)

Edited by Olzen, 09 February 2011 - 07:58 PM.

#5 SMASHER587

SMASHER587

★きんぐ★

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:03 AM

thought i would add this here

yahoo currency converter

http://finance.yahoo...SD;to=JPY;amt=1

Posted Image

#6 Polantaris

Polantaris

Lao Shan

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

Hey Shiz, I updated my spreadsheet (finally).

New link here: http://www.mediafire...w5nyidahnabrfnt

Should be current with F.2.

#7 Monomyth

Monomyth

Basarios

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:02 PM

Hey Shiz, I updated my spreadsheet (finally).

New link here: http://www.mediafire...w5nyidahnabrfnt

Should be current with F.2.

Nice! But the Gunnery King skill description is still weird (it has the same description as Adrenaline).

#8 Polantaris

Polantaris

Lao Shan

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:35 AM

Is it? My bad. Thanks for that, I'll fix it and reupload it.

Edit: Updated. Feel free to redownload, same link (Updated the file through the site).

Edited by Polantaris, 26 October 2011 - 03:40 AM.

#9 Monomyth

Monomyth

Basarios

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:39 AM

Glad I could help!

#10 Trigun3600

Trigun3600

Basarios

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:20 PM

NRooo how will I get my hulk when I get back D:
Posted Image

#11 Russ_Chimes

Russ_Chimes

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:24 PM

LOL Shiz rage quit? well too bad i was reading your guides D:

#12 HiddenStar

HiddenStar

Lao Shan

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • Kai:Currently on about failed attempt number 5...
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:19 PM

Well, that's gonna make life harder for me. When people come into the shoutbox and ask for frontier info, I just direct them over here >_>
So, I heard you like Swampertz? Why yes, yes I do.
Posted Image

#13 Rubymatt

Rubymatt

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • PSN:Rubymatt

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

Shame to see these go, there were some real good guides here.

Thanks for these while they lasted, they were an absolutely huge help.

Edited by Rubymatt, 30 October 2011 - 11:59 PM.

#14 akatsukiclan

akatsukiclan

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

Nooooo D:

#15 Ningra

Ningra

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

To be honest I used most of your Guides everyday and feel kinda lost now :/
I know you saved all of your Guides...
Why are you doing this to us?
Most people are reading them and were using them everyday. >.<

#16 HiddenRain

HiddenRain

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:17 PM

I don't have Frontier but I read your guides to know FO stuff because in the future, I'll get the money to buy a new PC and to buy Frontier. Guess I should've CnP'd them but it's illegal :3

#17 eL1T3k

eL1T3k

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:32 PM

Noooooooooo, I m just about to start, and register COG at Daletto.

Not sure how to download game yet.

#18 HiddenRain

HiddenRain

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:55 AM

^now you can't because

I'm sick and tired of nubs asking questions in game and out even with all the guides out. I mean I spent countless hours writing them and no one really looks at them anyway (except for some so I thank thee). So you know what, I'm removing every guide I wrote down. Have fun figuring stuff up yourselves. I hope all the vets will know how to do stuff in-game by now anyway.

#19 Picante

Picante

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • PSN:prphairball
  • LocationJapan

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:55 AM

Yeah...this hurts...lol. Never got around to look at that holk guide before I go back to Frontier. I did use the hell out of Shiz's version of the etiquette guide for a long time.

MHFO(Jp Server 1)- SR999 双, 笛, ,

http://www.youtube.c...ll?feature=mhee

#20 HiddenRain

HiddenRain

Khezu Whelp

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:56 AM

I don't blame you Shiz, I blame those noobs who are too lazy to read your wonderful guides. Well I hope someday the guides will return :D