The Harvard Mountaineering Club maintains a stock of essential gear for mountaineering, rock climbing and ice climbing. This includes but is not limited to: crampons, boots, ice axes, rock shoes, harnesses, helmets, tents and much more. Read below for our gear checkout policy, as well as a partial inventory of our gear.
For any general questions regarding the gear room, to make a suggestion about new acquisitions or to make a gear donation please contact the Gear Czar’s William Bloxham, Nick Joseph or Rajko Radovanovic
2. Only the president, vice-president, and gear-czar may check out gear.
3. All gear should be checked in and out during Thursday meetings, unless a separate time is arranged with the gear czar.
4. Gear must be returned within 7 days of checkout unless arranged otherwise with the gear czars, but can be renewed if no one else has requested it.
6. Only members may check out gear.
7. To borrow gear over the summer, contact the gear czars. Priority generally goes to HMC trips and expeditions.
8. Contact the gear czar if you would like to make suggestions for gear acquisitions. Note that the HMC does not keep or loan out rock and ice protection, ropes, and carabiners, nor any other gear for which knowledge of use history is crucial in determining suitability.
Here is a partial list of our gear room inventory: