'Me, thirsty?' 50 Cent hits back at Empire's diss claiming he and Cookie have a secret sexy past

This is not helping his cause.

After 50 Cent got name checked on Wednesday night's premiere of Empire for being far too eager on Instagram, he has fired back - on Instagram.

The lines of reality and fiction were getting a little bit blurry in the early hours of Thursday morning as the rapper responded to be being dissed by the infamous Cookie on the hit show.

Scroll down for video 

'Can't believe it': After 50 Cent got name checked on Wednesday night's premiere of Empire for being far too eager on Instagram, so, he fired back - on Instagram

'Can't believe it': After 50 Cent got name checked on Wednesday night's premiere of Empire for being far too eager on Instagram, so, he fired back - on Instagram

In a quick scene on Wednesday night, fictional music matriarch Cookie (played by Taraji P. Henson) took aim at 50 as she spoke to her son Hakeem.

Looking at her phone, the character says: '50 cent still taking jabs at us? Look what he posted on the Gram, thirsty a**.'

Thirsty can mean eager or horny, and judging by Fiddy's response, either could apply.

Having a laugh: The In Da Club rapper posted a video montage dedicated to Cookie shot in his recording studio and no doubt, with his tongue firmly in his cheek on Thursday morning saying he was not, as claimed, 'thirsty'

Having a laugh: The In Da Club rapper posted a video montage dedicated to Cookie shot in his recording studio and no doubt, with his tongue firmly in his cheek on Thursday morning saying he was not, as claimed, 'thirsty'

'Still taking jabs at us?' In a quick scene on Wednesday night, fictional music matriarch Cookie (played by Taraji P. Henson) took aim at 50 as she spoke to her son Hakeem

'Still taking jabs at us?' In a quick scene on Wednesday night, fictional music matriarch Cookie (played by Taraji P. Henson) took aim at 50 as she spoke to her son Hakeem

The In Da Club rapper posted a video montage dedicated to Cookie shot in his recording studio and no doubt, with his tongue firmly in his cheek.

In the Instagram video, the 40-year-old says: 'I can't believe Cookie would say some s**t like that about me.

'Thirsty, me? Thirsty? Come on. You stupid.'

The rapper, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson III, then decides to reveal why he is so hurt - he and Cookie have a sexy past.

'Man, me and Cookie go way back, you know I hit that!'

Fictional Cookie is only recently out of jail after more than a decade behind bars and, before that, she was with the father of her three children and head of Empire, Lucious Lyon, so clearly the pair go way back.

'I hit that':  The rapper, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson III, revealed why he is so hurt - he and Cookie have a sexy past

'I hit that':  The rapper, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson III, revealed why he is so hurt - he and Cookie have a sexy past

Don't mess with Cookie: Taraji's character has become the breakout star of the show thanks to her quick wit, quicker temper and flamboyant fashion 

Don't mess with Cookie: Taraji's character has become the breakout star of the show thanks to her quick wit, quicker temper and flamboyant fashion 

Previously 50 has been rather critical of Empire - perhaps because he was on of the few people not to get a cameo - so he made sure to let Taraji know he has love for her.

Tagging the actress in, the rapper posted a lot of heart emojis and said 'I love you girl. LMAO'.

The rapper has previously gone on a social media spray, claiming the show ripped off the adverts to his own Starz program, Power.

Rocky road: Previously, the rapper and the real Cookie, actress Taraji, have exchanged barbs on social media but recently patched things up and are seen here together in May at the Billboard Music Awards 

Rocky road: Previously, the rapper and the real Cookie, actress Taraji, have exchanged barbs on social media but recently patched things up and are seen here together in May at the Billboard Music Awards 

He wrote in December: 'POWER Season 2 is unbelievably good trust me. I have the best writers and show runner. I like Terrence Howard and Taraji Henson. I don’t like that they would copy the marketing.' 

Embracing her inner Cookie, Taraji fired back on Twitter: 'I pay attention to $s NOT cents.'

The pair have since patched that all up and the rapper even threw his support behind the show in the lead up to the Emmys.

The comments below have not been moderated.

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.

Who is this week's top commenter? Find out now