'Why do I always hurt myself': 5 Seconds Of Summer's Michael Clifford falls off stage at BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards... just months after setting his hair alight mid-performance

Michael Clifford from Australian band 5 Seconds Of Summer appears to be a little accident prone.

During a performance at the BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards at London's Wembley Arena on Sunday, Michael fell into a cavity in the middle of the stage.

The 19-year-old guitarist had just started strumming the first few notes of the song and jumped in the air, missing his footing on the landing.

Scroll down for video 

'Why do I always hurt myself': 5 Seconds Of Summer guitarist Michael Clifford fell off stage during the band's performance at the BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards at Wembley Arena in London on Sunday

'Why do I always hurt myself': 5 Seconds Of Summer guitarist Michael Clifford fell off stage during the band's performance at the BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards at Wembley Arena in London on Sunday

His band mates looked over to check on him and where he had disappeared to, but the show carried on, with Michael joining the boys to finish the performance in front of ten thousand screaming fans.

After the performance he joked that seeing sexy British singer Rita Ora in the audience was the reason for his fall.

'I was looking at Rita Ora and I was like...hey....and I fell,' he joked.

Teen Awards: The boys (L-R) Calum Hood, Luke Hemmings, Michael Clifford and Ashton Irwin attended and performed in front of ten thousand screaming fans

Teen Awards: The boys (L-R) Calum Hood, Luke Hemmings, Michael Clifford and Ashton Irwin attended and performed in front of ten thousand screaming fans

Going, going, gone! Michael jumped up as the song started and lost his footing on the way down
Going, going, gone! Michael jumped up as the song started and lost his footing on the way down

'I saw Rita Ora': The musician later joked he had spied sexy British singer Rita Ora in the audience and that cause him to be distracted and fall

'I saw Rita Ora': The musician later joked he had spied sexy British singer Rita Ora in the audience and that cause him to be distracted and fall

Frustrated: The rocker sounded frustrated when he took to Twitter to comment on the incident

Frustrated: The rocker sounded frustrated when he took to Twitter to comment on the incident

'All good geezers': The guitarist later let fans know he was OK but asked them not to look at him funny on crutches

'All good geezers': The guitarist later let fans know he was OK but asked them not to look at him funny on crutches

'Wembley arena doesn't like me': After his second incident at the same arena, Michael was beginning to take it personally

'Wembley arena doesn't like me': After his second incident at the same arena, Michael was beginning to take it personally

Taking to Twitter about the incident, Michael wrote in frustration: 'Why do I always hurt myself'.

He then told fans he was OK, saying: 'all good geezers' before telling them he'd be on crutches for a few days requesting, 'don't look at me funny pls lolz.

'Wembley arena doesn't like me much,' he later added.

The incident has led his own band to mockingly start a hash-tag for him, claiming a 'Clifford Curse' for the teenager at Wembley Arena. 

In June Michael's hair was set on fire on the same stage, when pyrotechnics caught on his long black locks.

'Clifford Curse': The 19-year-old's bandmates mockingly started the hash-tag on Twitter for the 'Clifford Curse' after Michael had a previous incident at Wembley Arena in June

'Clifford Curse': The 19-year-old's bandmates mockingly started the hash-tag on Twitter for the 'Clifford Curse' after Michael had a previous incident at Wembley Arena in June

On fire! In June Michael's hair was set on fire on the same stage, when pyrotechnics caught on his long black locks

On fire! In June Michael's hair was set on fire on the same stage, when pyrotechnics caught on his long black locks

The shocking moment: Michael's hair caught on fire onstage leaving him with burns to his face

The shocking moment: Michael's hair caught on fire onstage leaving him with burns to his face

The flames engulfed not only his hair but his face but in true showbiz style, the show went on and the young performer returned to the stage for the next show.

Reassuring fans he was OK to perform, he tweeted a shot of himself all bandaged up and thanked them for their support.

Thumbs up! A bandaged Michael later thanked fans for their concern and let them know he was OK after being treated for his burns in hospital

Thumbs up! A bandaged Michael later thanked fans for their concern and let them know he was OK after being treated for his burns in hospital

The comments below have not been moderated.

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.

Who is this week's top commenter? Find out now