Carroll will play his way into Capello's plans, says Dalglish

By Joe Bernstein for the Daily Mail

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish is convinced £35 million striker Andy Carroll is still on Fabio Capello's England shortlist for Euro 2012.

Carroll was left out of Capello's squad for the recent friendlies against Spain and Sweden having scored just four Premier League goals since a record-breaking move to Anfield in January.

Red alert: Carroll (right) is finding form after a slow start at Liverpool

Red alert: Carroll (right) is finding form after a slow start at Liverpool

 

Comparisons with the man he replaced, Fernando Torres, are sure to be made at Stamford Bridge when Chelsea play Liverpool on Sunday and Dalglish thinks the 6ft 4in Geordie is finally finding his feet.

'He has played his best football for the club in two of the last three games,' said Dalglish.

'We know he's moving forward and we know he'd love to play for England in the European Championship. The better he does for us, the better the chance he has got of going there. I'm sure he'll be under consideration.'

After a slow start to his Liverpool career, Carroll has picked up to score in recent away wins at Everton and West Brom.

But he was guilty of a bad miss against Swansea City last weekend that saw the players booed off following a goalless draw.

'Andy will settle in, no problem whatsoever,' added Dalglish.

'At minus £15million [Torres was sold for £50m, Carroll bought for £35m], it's not a bad buy.'

Carroll's strike partner, Luis Suarez, will also come under the spotlight as he plays his first game since receiving an FA charge of racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra last month.


The comments below have not been moderated.

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

We are no longer accepting comments on this article.

Who is this week's top commenter? Find out now