Ste Marguerite de la Foret parish church
Location of Forest in Guernsey
|Crown Dependency||Guernsey, Channel Islands|
|• Electoral district||West|
|• Total||4.2 km2 (1.6 sq mi)|
|• Density||370/km2 (960/sq mi)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+01 (UTC)|
The Forest (Guernésiais: La Fouarêt, French La Forêt) is a parish in Guernsey. It is the highest parish on the island, with altitudes of up to about 100 m. The full title being Ste Marguerite de la Foret after the parish church.
The old Guernésiais nickname for people who were from La Fouarêt was bourdaons.
The postal code for street addresses in this parish begins with GY8.
Forest was the first parish in the Island to receive some unwelcome visitors. Chief Officer Inspector W SCULPHER, who recorded the following in the Occurrence Book dated Wednesday, 3rd July 1940: "I beg to report that at about 8pm on 30th June a number of German Armed Forces landed at the Airport, Forest." 
Beaches The south coast is mostly made up of cliffs but the beaches in The Forest include:
- Le Portelet (inaccessible from land; it can be accessed by swimming from Petit Bôt or by boat)
- Part of Petit Bôt
Relief The land is very high up, with altitudes of about 100 m (the highest in the island) The only low areas are at the coast, where there are steep cliffs.
The features of the parish include:
The parish of the Forest hosts:
The following main roads (listed from West-East) provide important links between The Forest and the other parishes:
- Rue De Manoir (leads to Torteval)
- Rue De Farras (leads to St Peter's)
- Route Des Blicqs (leads to St Andrew's, St Peter Port and the North of the island)
- Forest Road (leads to St Martin's)
The following main roads (listed from West-East) are also very important as they provide access to the Parish Centre and the Airport:
- Rue Des Landes
- Le Bourg
Forest comprises part of the West administrative division with Torteval, St. Saviour's and St. Pierre-du-Bois
In the Guernsey general election, 2012 there was a 3,148 or 76% turnout to elect six Deputies.
- "HISTORY OF THE GUERNSEY POLICE".
- "Petit Bot to Le Gouffre and back". Guernsey Walker.
- "Petit Bot Bay". Good Beach Guide.
- Dillon, Paddy. Channel Island Walks. Cicerone Press Limited, 1999. ISBN 9781852842888.
- "Guernsey airport".
- "Le Perron du Roi". megalithicguernsey.
- "Forest Parish Memorial, Guernsey". Great War CI.
- "Occupation Museum".
- "Guernsey Abreuvoirs". La Société Guernesiaise.
- "PROTECTED BUILDINGS". Environment - Guernsey government.
- "Contact us." Aurigny Air Services. Retrieved on 12 February 2011. "Aurigny Air Services Ltd States Airport La Planque Lane Forest Guernsey, GY8 OTD Channel Islands."
- "The Mallard Cinema".