14 Days – Comfortable Camping – Includes the Mitchell Falls
Book early for our ‘Outback Tour’ which includes the spectacular Mitchell Falls and unforgettable rock art sites.
Experience the Gibb River Road gorges etc, and take a two-day side trip to remarkable and remote Mitchell Plateau. We swim and relax at the King Edward River in between experiencing two main highlights – Extensive Aboriginal rock art (arguably among the best examples in Australia) and the unforgettable Mitchell Falls .
This trip also visits Purnululu (The Bungle Bungles), Kununurra, Lake Argyle, ElQuestro and more (Broome to Broome) – What an adventure!
Only $3750 per person. Inc FREE Mitchell Falls Helicopter Flight in 2017 (2016 Free Cape Leveque Tour)
and a Free Geikie Gorge Cruise.
Tour code: OKS
- 14 days
- Gibb River Road Gorges, Mitchell Falls, King Edward River, Kununurra, Lake Argyle and Purnululu (the Bungle Bungles)
- Small group size (maximum 16 passengers)
- Rough track to the falls in our comfortable modern air-conditioned 4WD coach with two nights camped on the King Edward River – absolutely beautiful!!!
- Most meals, and all park / station entrance and camping fees
- Great campsites (most with flushing toilets and hot showers)
- Friendly experienced staff
- Spacious tents
- Comfortable sleeping and seating arrangements (70mm mattresses and solid chairs with back and arm rests)
- Aboriginal rock art including unforgettable and remote sites on the Mitchell Plataue (where we are one of the only companies that visit)
- Visit an aboriginal School supported by Kimberley Safari Tours
- Bonus – Free Geikie Gorge Cruise
- Bonus helicopter flight over Mitchell Falls (2017 Tours)
‘Outback’ Kimberley Safari Tour Departure Dates
LIMITED OUTBACK DEPARTURE DATES
Please book early to avoid missing out (2016 sold out quickly)!
Dates – 2017
May 9 May – 22 May 2017
May/June 27 May – 9 June 2017
June 14 June – 27 June 2017
July 2 July – 15 July 2017
August 17 August – 30 August 2017
Free Michell Falls Helicopter Flights Commence in 2017!Enquire and check availablity
As a fantastic alternative to the 14 Day Outback Tour, the ‘Explorer’ Kimberley Safari Tour is also an excellent tour (2016 dates still available) – 9 /12 day that includes many of the same Kimberley main attractions. Departures are in May or August 2016.
Outback Kimberley Safari Tour Itinerary
Days 1 & 2 Tunnel Creek Windjana Gorge
- Accommodation pick-up
- Welcome morning tea
- The famous Prison Boab tree
- Windjana Gorge
- Croc watching
- Adventure walk through Tunnel Creek Cave
- Sitting in pools above the water falls of Lennard Gorge
- Walks, swimming and relaxing in Bell Gorge
Day 3 Galvan, Bell and Manning Gorges
- Scenic Galvan’s Gorge
- Swimming in crystal clear water
- Walks along the Manning River and to Manning Gorge
- Camp around Boab trees next to a billabong
Days 4, 5 & 6 Mitchell Falls and Aboriginal Art
- Relaxing at King Edward River
- Explore two of Australias most impressive and extensive Aboriginal rock art sites at Munurra
- Mitchell Falls (a highlight of the Kimberley)
- Free Helicopter flight over Mitchell Falls (2017 Tours)
- Drysdale Station
- Optional Drysdale Burgers Drysdale Station (allow $25)
- Minors Pool
Days 7, 8 & 9 – El Questro Wilderness Park
- Visits to many beautiful gorges, rivers and waterfalls at at El Questro
- El Questro Cattle Station, El Questro Wilderness Park (1 million acres), El Questro Homestead
- Emma Gorge walk
- Relax in natures Zebedee Hot Springs
- An abundance of optional activities (walks, swimming, horse-riding, fishing, helicopter flights etc.)
- Optional flights over Kimberley landmarks
- Lunch and swim at Home Valley Station (allow $20 -$30)
- Kunnunurra in the afternoon of Day 9.
Day 10 Kununurra and Lake Argyle
- We drive you to Lake Argyle in the afternoon.
- Optional free time in Kununurra – Options include – Ord River / Lake Argyle sunset cruise, scenic flights, art gallery, canoeing, fishing, local walks, exploring the town.
- Many guests take the sunset cruise (from 2.15pm – 6pm) on Lake Argyle and have dinner at Lake Argyle Resort (we can arrange your cruise booking approx. $90) – we’ll drive you to Lake Argyle and back.
Day 11 – 12 Purnululu (Bungle Bungles)
- Purnululu (Bungle Bungles)
- Aboriginal Art Centre
- Purnululu Visitors Centre
- Piccinini Creek
- Cathedral Gorge
- Echidna Chasm
- Scenic helicopter flight over bungle bungles (optional 18 mins from approx $269pp)
Day 13 -14 China Wall, Geike Gorge Cruise, Broome
- China Wall
- Halls Creek township
- Fitzroy Crossing
- Geikie Gorge Cruise (included)
- Visit to an Aboriginal community supported by Kimberley Safari Tours
- Return to Broome late afternoon (accommodation drop off)
- Reflect on your memories that will last a lifetime!
Some optional activities incur additional costs (e.g. scenic plane or helicopter flights, additional cruises etc.).
Please note that times and locations may change without notice at the discretion of the tour operator due to unforeseen circumstances.