I hope that you Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra owners are hungry, because you’ve got some fresh Jelly Beans headed your way. Sony today announced that it has begun pushing Android 4.3 updates to both the Xperia Z1 and Z Ultra, just as it promised it would last month. Besides bumping both devices up to the newest version of Jelly Bean, these updates include a number of refreshed apps and performance tweaks. Included with the update is:
- Sony Smart Social Camera, which includes special camera apps like Social Live, which streams video directly to Facebook, and Timshift Burst, a feature that allows the user to snap 61 photos in 2 seconds.
- Updates to Sony’s entire native app catalog. That includes basic apps like Messaging as well as more unique ones like MyXperia, Small Apps, Sony Select, Track ID and more.
- Improved Walkman, Album and Movies apps that offer integration with the Sony Entertainment Network and PlayMemories as well as a “more intuitive UI”
- Support for Xperia Themes, an upcoming feature that Sony says will allow users to download user interface packs from Sony Select and use them to create a more customized experience.
- Android security enhancements paired with Sony’s Xperia in Business security software
Overall the Android 4.3 updates for the Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra look to be pretty nice little bundles of software, especially the refreshed native app catalog and the tease of Sony’s upcoming Xperia Themes functionality. Just in case this all isn’t enough to get you Xperia Z1 and Z Ultra folk excited, though, it’s also worth noting that you’re now one step closer to Android 4.4 KitKat, which Sony has said it’ll be bringing to both devices. There’s no word on exactly when those rollouts will begin, but at least you’ve got some new features to tinker with in the mean time thanks to today’s Android 4.3 updates.