• Although Mgr. Dusina in the report of his Pastoral visit in 1575 states that Mosta was a parish, in actual fact Mosta became a parish in 1608, and the parishioners immediately started building a new church on the plans drawn by Tommaso Dingli. The present church is based on the plans of George Grognet de Vasse.

    Parish Population: 18,200

    Families: 5,600

  • Parish Church of the Assumption

    Dedication date: 15 October, 1871.

  • Archpriest

    Rev. Albert Buhagiar

  • Parish Office

    15 Church Street,

    Mosta MST 2015

  • Office Hours

    Mondays and Wednesdays:

    9.00 - 11.00am
    4.30 - 6.00pm


    4.30 - 6.00 pm


    9.00 am - 11.00 am

  • Telephone

    21 43 38 26

  • Parish Clergy

    Rev. Albert Buhagiar, Archpriest
    Rev. Luke Cutajar
    Rev. Antoine Borg
    Rev. Salvatore Borg
    Mgr Mario Camilleri
    Rev. Rafel Demartino
    Rev. Ġwann Sammut
    Rev. Pawl Sciberras
    Rev. Edgar Vella
    Rev. Willie Vella
    Rev. André Zaffarese
  • Other priests residents in the parish

    Mgr Joseph Carabott

    Parish Pastoral Council

    President: Rev. Albert Buhagiar, Archpriest

    Moderator: Mr Joe Deguara

    ​Secretary: Ms Mariosa Micallef

    Parish Economic Council 

    President: Rev. Albert Buhagiar, Archpriest

    Secretary: Mr Mario Riolo

    Members: Mr Giovanni Chetcuti and Mr Albert Cassar

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 6.00, 7.00, 8.00, 9.30, 11.00am; 5.30pm
    Saturday Evenings: 5.00pm- 6.30pm
    Weekdays: 6.00, 7.00, 7.45, 8.30am; 6.30pm

  • Pastoral Zones

    (erected through a decree on 17 October 1988)

    • Bidnija

    The church at Bidnija was built in 1920 and dedicated to the Holy Family; in 1991 it became a centre for pastoral activities.

  • Priest in charge

    Rev Raphael Demartino

    Families: 64

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 11.00am

    Weekdays: 6.00pm (winter); 6.30pm (summer)

    • Ta' Mlit

    The chapel is dedicated to Mary Mother of the Church; it was blessed on the 30th October 1998.

  • Priest in charge

    Rev. André Zaffarese

    Families: 700

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 9.00am

    Saturday Evenings: 6.00pm

    Weekdays: 7.15am; 6.00pm

    • Saint Andrew

    The centre was opened in 1991.

  • Priest in charge

    Rev. Antoine Borg

    Families: 400

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 8.00am

    Weekdays: 6.00pm

    • Saint Margaret

    The provisional chapel for the pastoral zone is dedicated to Christ the Redeemer and is situated in Triq il-Midbaħ.

  • Priest in charge

    Rev. Albert Buhagiar

    Families: 650

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feastdays: 9.00am

    Weekdays: 6.30pm

  • Other Churches

  • Church of St. Anthony the Abbot

    The church was built in 1657 on the site of an earlier church built in 1575.

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 7.30am

  • Church of St. Sylvester

    The church was built in 1657; today devotions in honour of Our Lady of Lourdes are held on the days of the apparitions; marriages may be celebrated in the church.

  • Church of St. Leonard

    The church was built in 1659 on the site of an older church which existed at the time of Mgr Dusina's pastoral visit in 1575. Devotions in honour of Our Lady of Pompei are held in it, especially on the 8th May.

  • Priest in charge


  • Immaculate Conception Church

    The church was built in 1659. It was rebuilt in 1965 after it had been demolished by bombs during the War.

  • Church of the Visitation

    The church was built in 1610, but was rebuilt after its destruction by bombs during the last war.

  • Priest in charge


  • Holy Mass

    Sundays: 08.30am

  • St. Margaret's Church

    This is a very old church and near it is the cemetery where the victims of the 1592 plague are buried.

  • Priest in charge


  • Church of Our Lady of Hope

    The church is built over a cave where according to tradition a young girl from Burmarrad took refuge to avoid falling into the hands of Moslem pirates.

  • Priest in charge

    Rev Edgar Vella

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays: 8.30 a.m.

  • Church of St. Paul the first hermit

    The church is situated in Wied il-Għasel. Two feasts, one of Saint Paul the Hermit and another of Our Lady of Grace, are celebrated.

  • Church of St. Andrew

    This is a small church which has always been considered as forming part of Mosta parish.

  • St Monica's Chapel

    The Augustinian Sisters opened a residence in Mosta in 1929 and then built a large institute in 1952. The chapel of the institute is open to the public.

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 7.00, 8.30am

    Saturdays: 6.30am; 6.30pm

    Weekdays: 6.30am

  • Chapel of Our Lady of Mount Carmel

    The Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart opened their "Pax et Bonum" Home in Mosta in 1961 as a residence for elderly people.

  • Holy Masses

    Sundays and Feast Days: 6.30, 9.30am

    Weekdays: 6.30, 9.00am

  • Adoration Chapel



    The Good Sheperd Sisters
    St Euphrasia House,
    John XXIII Street,
    Mosta, MST 1123

    Opening Hours:

    Monday to Friday (except Thursdays):
    8.30am - 9.00pm

    Thursdays and Saturdays:
    8.30am - 6.00pm