Prison Legal News staff are available for media interviews -- radio, television, newspaper and magazine -- about a variety of prison and criminal justice-related issues. Please select the person below based on their area of expertise and availability. Also, see the In the News section of this website for examples of quotes and interviews by PLN staff.
PLN Editor Paul Wright is available for telephone, television and in-person interviews, as well as speaking engagements and questions submitted by phone or email on the following topics:
- Conditions in state and federal prisons, censorship and free speech issues, criminal justice issues ranging from policing to parole and post-release conditions, children of prisoners, visitation, private prisons, prison labor and more.
- Prison Nation (Routledge Press 2003), co-edited by Paul Wright and Tara Herivel.
- Prison Profiteers (The New Press, 2008), co-edited by Paul Wright and Tara Herivel.
For more information about Paul, who also serves as executive director of the Human Rights Defense Center, click here.
Call 561-360-2523 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (East Coast time) Monday through Friday to arrange interviews, or email: email@example.com.
PLN Managing Editor Alex Friedmann is available for telephone, television or email interviews on the following topics:
- Prison Privatization: Alex is president of the Private Corrections Institute, a non-profit watchdog organization that opposes prison privatization, and served six years at a privately-operated prison in the 1990s. He has spoken on prison privatization-related issues at a Congressional subcommittee hearing, Critical Resistance East and CR10, before state legislative committees and at a number of other events, and has written extensively on this topic, including various book chapters. He is a national expert on private prison issues.
- Disenfranchisement: Alex is an advocate for voting rights for ex-felons and chaired the Voting Rights Committee of SOCM, a Tennessee-based non-profit that introduced disenfranchisement reform legislation in that state in 2006. He regained his own voting rights after filing a lawsuit with representation by the Tennessee ACLU.
- General prison and corrections-related issues, ranging from capital punishment and civil commitment to prison telephone rates and recidivism/rehabilitation-related topics.
For more information about Alex, who also serves as associate director of the Human Rights Defense Center, click here.
Call 615-495-6568, 9:00 am to 10:00 pm CST, weekdays and weekends to arrange interviews, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLN Prison Phone Justice Director Carrie Wilkinson is available for telephone, television or email interviews on issues concerning prison and jail phone rates and related topics.
For more information about Carrie, please click here.
Call 206-489-5604 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Pacific Coast time) Monday through Friday to arrange interviews, or email: email@example.com.
HRDC General Counsel Lance Weber is available for telephone, television or email interviews on the following topics:
- Prisoners' legal and constitutional rights
- Public records-related litigation
- Censorship and First Amendment-related issues in the prison context
For more information about Lance, please click here.
Call 561-360-2523 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (East Coast time) Monday through Friday to arrange interviews, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.