Are you and your filmmaker friends interested in joining a short film competition - for free? Maybe you want to meet new people and be paired-up with local filmmakers? Do you want to create a short film and compete for prizes?
The Wicked Film Challenge or “WFC” is a regional, short film competition focused on camaraderie and community, complete with awards and prizes for participants!
How It Works
Ten teams of local filmmakers will register to join the challenge. Spots are given on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Teams will fill-out the required production forms, available as downloadable PDFs on our website.
At the event, team members will:
- Give completed production forms to Boston Indie Mafia
- Choose the genre of film from random drawing
- Be assigned a character, prop and line of dialogue required to appear in film
The competition has (3) distinct phases to benchmark progress and help you along the film-making process!
- Development: Submit rough script for your film (6-9 minutes in length) by 11:59 p.m. EST on April 5, 2015.
- Production: Submit one-minute rough cut of a scene by 11:59 p.m. EST on May 3, 2015.
- Final Submission of completed short film due to Boston Indie Mafia by 11:59 p.m. EST on May 31, 2015.
ALL SUBMISSIONS WILL PREMIERE AT THE BOSTON INDIE MAFIA ‘HOBNOB & SOCIAL’ EVENT ON JUNE 27, 2015.
This year, registration is free, open from February 1 - March 21. Spots are given on a first-come, first-serve basis to ten teams.
On board? Register a team and grab 1 of 10 filmmaking team slots.
If you wish to register as a single person, Boston Indie Mafia can pair you with other film folks by selecting 'Join a team' from the menu options.
Still not sure? Take a peek at the Official Guidelines and Filmmaker 411 for everything you want to know about the Wicked Film Challenge!