The ATP Tour, Inc. is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits - the ATP World Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour. With 62 tournaments in 31 countries, the ATP World Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the world’s most exciting venues. The purpose of the ATP is to own, sanction, schedule and administer one or more circuits of professional tennis tournaments; to own one or more professional tennis tournaments; to develop, promulgate, and administer rules, regulations and grievance procedures to ensure the fair and orderly conduct of professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof and the sport of professional tennis; to promote and further the interest of professional tennis players and professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof throughout the world; to promote the interest of one or more public charities; to improve the conditions under which professional tennis players engage in their occupation; to increase the status and public perception of professional tennis as a major world class international sport; to promote and protect the future of the sport of professional tennis; and to encourage interest in the sport of tennis.
The IT Systems Administrator (SysAdmin) must recommend, procure, configure, protect, maintain and support information technology for the day-to-day operation and security of the company. In particular, the administrator installs and configures servers, networks, virtualization systems, SANs and related technology while monitoring, diagnosing and resolving problems for all systems and users.
- Systems- assemble, configure, install, integrate and maintain operating systems, application software and databases for use in Windows server, Windows desktop, Linux server, vSphere, printers and mobile environments
- Infrastructure- establish and maintain networks, power, environments, cabling, configurations and related technologies for the global technology infrastructure
- Security- ensure security, both internally and externally, in IT and other related technology
- Communications- Oversee the assembly, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of LAN, WAN, internet, VoIP, video conference and cellphone communications devices and related equipment in web, mobile and networked environments.
- Users- respond to the requests of users concerning access to hardware, resources on the network, security, identity management and the operation of various applications including proactive training for efficient/effective use of all resources
- DNS- manage internal and public DNS in support of owned and managed domain names. Ensure replication, proper TTL, cache status and other aspects of proper operation
- Reliability- maintain high system uptime and performance through monitoring, tuning, HA, etc.
- Backup- maintain all backup systems and ensure their proper operation including recovery verification
- Research- review and recommend software and equipment for purchase along with implementation plans
- Updates- keep all technology current with updates for software/firmware or replacement as needed to maintain security and proper operation
- Vendors- maintain technical vendor relationships for IT and other needs of the organization in support of company technology
- Procurement- compare quotes, purchase, account and process RMA’s globally;
- Manage resource usage of IT assets,
- Maintain internal diagrams and procedures documentation to indicate current and prior status of all technology
- Travel domestically and internationally a few times per year for up to 2 weeks
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS in Computer Science and/or equivalent real-world experience to handle all duties
- Ability to oversee relationships with external technology vendors for implementation and support of products and services
- Solid knowledge of networks, routing, protocols, internet operations and pertinent terminology
- Deep understanding of Windows servers, IIS, and MS-SQL including Active Directory and Group Policy for implementation and support
- Strong, current vSphere v5.x experience including vCenter, ESXi, iSCSI SAN in a high load 24x7 environment
- Familiarity with Linux and SSH at a basic level
- Familiarity with PowerShell and other command-line tools for managing Windows, Linux and other systems
- Ability to manage object-based firewall configurations (nat, rules, protocols, etc.)
- Thorough understanding and ability with public/private DNS and domain management
- Experience with all popular eMail protocols available to Office 365 subscribers
- Provisioning and management of domestic and international office, mobile and VoIP phones
- Ability to use, in-depth, MS Office applications to perform daily tasks and to assist users
- SysAdmin-level scripting, .Net and other light programming skills
- Must have a Customer Service attitude
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with sufficient depth to bring them into a production environment
- Self-starter, works independently and in teams, reliable, good communicator, intuitive, problem solver and timely.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you an IT specialist or generalist and why?
2. How do you cope with fixes or setups of systems/technologies that you've never worked with before? Apply for this position
The Barclays ATP World Tour Finals:
The Barclays ATP World Tour Finals is the year-end climax to the men's professional tennis season, featuring only the world's best eight qualified singles players and doubles teams as they battle it out for the last title of the season. Played using a round-robin format, each player plays three matches as they compete for a berth in the knockout semi-finals and beyond. The prestigious tournament has been contested in major cities around the world with a rich history dating back to the birth of The Masters in 1970 in Tokyo. Since 2000 the event has taken place in cities such as Lisbon, Sydney, and Shanghai. The Barclays ATP World Tour Finals has welcomed more than 1.75 million fans to The O2 arena over the past seven years, establishing itself as the biggest indoor tennis tournament in the world since moving to London in 2009.
Monday 11th July - Friday 2nd December
Including weekends of the 12th - 13th and 19th – 20th November.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please describe the 3 large-scale events you have worked on and your role in each?
2. This position requires you to work in or around London - are you legally entitled to work in the UK and are you willing and able to relocate if you are not currently in the area? Apply for this position
ATP Internship Program
The ATP training Program places a junior/senior at the ATP International Headquarters in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida for approximately 3 months, where the intern is exposed to a wide range of business activities. The intern will benefit from learning new skills and abilities which the intern can then apply in the course of his or her college coursework as well as observe and experience in a real world setting the application of his/her educational training and establish networking opportunities.
The ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits - the ATP World Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour. With 61 tournaments in 31 countries, the ATP World Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the world’s most exciting venues. The purpose of the ATP is to own, sanction, schedule and administer one or more circuits of professional tennis tournaments; to own one or more professional tennis tournaments; to develop, promulgate, and administer rules, regulations and grievance procedures to ensure the fair and orderly conduct of professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof and the sport of professional tennis; to promote and further the interest of professional tennis players and professional tennis tournaments and circuits thereof throughout the world; to promote the interest of one or more public charities; to improve the conditions under which professional tennis players engage in their occupation; to increase the status and public perception of professional tennis as a major world class international sport; to promote and protect the future of the sport of professional tennis; and to encourage interest in the sport of tennis.
ATP will engage one intern at a time based on the following:
- Junior or senior in a university program, preferably but not required that the program be in a sports management/communications, marketing or business related program;
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 3.5 or equivalent;
- Eligible to work in the United States;
While it is not a requirement that the intern receive college credit for the internship, we will be pleased to work with the candidate and the educational institution to facilitate credit for the program and we encourage applicants who must fulfill an internship requirement as part of their curriculum.
Proficient in English; second language preferred;
Strong research and communication skills; and
Working knowledge of Microsoft office.
Applicants must submit their application, resume and answer a short question on www.teamworkonline.com.
ATP will interview final candidates and select one candidate for the following periods:
Internship Periods & Deadlines
There are three opportunities available as follows:
1. January to April 2016
2. May to August 2016
3. September to December 2016
One candidate for each of the three trimesters will be selected at the end of the application process. The deadline for applying to any and all of the three trimesters is: October 18, 2015.
When you submit your application, please indicate which trimester you would like to be considered for. You may choose more than one trimester.
Equal opportunity laws apply to all internships. All applicants will be considered and engaged without regard to race, age, color, gender, ethnic group, national origin, religion, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability.Apply Now