Two French music festivals cancel Eagles Of Death Metal shows following singer’s comments that ‘Muslims were celebrating in the streets’ during the Bataclan massacre 

• Eagles of Death Metal were onstage when ISIS gunmen murdered 89 people
  • Frontman Jesse Hughes blamed a Muslim 'conspiracy' for the terror attack
  • Said Muslims 'celebrated in the street' and security guards were 'in' on it
  • Bataclan Theatre and music festivals have fiercely condemned his claims 

Two French music festivals have cancelled Eagles of Death Metal's concerts following allegations by the band's frontman of a Muslim 'conspiracy' during the Paris attacks. 

The rock band were playing a gig at the Bataclan theatre when three ISIS gunman burst into the venue and killed 89 people on November 13. 

But frontman Jesse Hughes has provoked a furious reaction with his claims that the security guards at the venue were 'in' on the attack, and that he witnessed Muslims 'celebrating in the street during the attack'.

Outrage: Jesse Hughes, frontman of the Eagles of Death Metal rock band, has provoked anger in France after blaming a Muslim 'conspiracy' for the November 13 terror attacks at the Bataclan theatre, and claiming he saw Muslims 'celebrating in the streets during the attack'

Outrage: Jesse Hughes, frontman of the Eagles of Death Metal rock band, has provoked anger in France after blaming a Muslim 'conspiracy' for the November 13 terror attacks at the Bataclan theatre, and claiming he saw Muslims 'celebrating in the streets during the attack'

Moments from terror: Eagles Of Death Metal perform on stage before ISIS gunmen stormed the building

Moments from terror: Eagles Of Death Metal perform on stage before ISIS gunmen stormed the building

The Rock en Seine concert in Paris and the Cabaret Vert festival in northern France said in a statement today they are 'in total disagreement with Jesse Hughes' recent allegations'. 

Hughes told the U.S. online Taki's Magazine last week that he saw some 'terrorists' in the Bataclan theatre before the November 13 show, as well as witnessing the so-called 'Muslim celebrations'. 

The singer, who is a public supporter of Donald Trump, previously told Fox Business Network that security guards at the venue had prior knowledge of the attack.  

‘When I first got to the venue and walked in, I walked past the dude who was supposed to be the security guard for the backstage,’ he told Fox.

‘He didn’t even look at me. I immediately went to the promoter and said, “Who’s that guy? I want to put another dude on”.

‘He says, “Well, some of the other guards aren’t here yet”. And eventually I found out that six or so wouldn’t show up at all.

‘Out of respect for the police still investigating, I won’t make a definite statement, but it seems rather obvious that they had a reason not to show up.’

Mourning: Hughes (pictured as a memorial site for the Paris victims) spoke out following the attacks, insisting the security guards at the Bataclan Theatre had prior knowledge of the attack

Mourning: Hughes (pictured as a memorial site for the Paris victims) spoke out following the attacks, insisting the security guards at the Bataclan Theatre had prior knowledge of the attack

Denial: The Bataclan has furiously denied the claims, releasing a statement strongly condemning Hughes’ claims and calling them ‘insane’

Denial: The Bataclan has furiously denied the claims, releasing a statement strongly condemning Hughes’ claims and calling them ‘insane’

Although the police investigation stopped him elaborating at the time, he has now spoken out in an interview with Taki's Magazine.   

‘There’s no denying the terrorists were already inside, and they had to get in somehow,' he said. 'During the shooting I went outside, and the backstage door was propped open.

‘How did that happen?

‘If they were hanging out enough to let three people go, then they knew security dudes.

‘They knew bouncers. They knew doormen.’

The Bataclan has furiously denied the claims, releasing a statement strongly condemning Hughes’ claims and calling them ‘insane’. 

‘Jesse Hughes spread some very grave and defamatory accusations against the Bataclan teams,’ it said.

Nick Alexander was selling merchandise for the rock band at the Bataclan as ISIS gunmen burst into the venue. He died in the attack
Nick Alexander (pictured with his girlfriend Polina Buckley) was selling merchandise for the rock band at the Bataclan as ISIS gunmen burst into the venue. He died in the attack

Loss: Nick Alexander (left and right, with his girlfriend Polina Buckley) was selling merchandise for the rock band at the Bataclan as ISIS gunmen burst into the venue. He died in the attack

‘A judicial investigation is undergoing. We wish to let justice proceed serenely. All the testimonies gathered to this day demonstrate the professionalism and courage of the security agents who were on the ground on November 13.

‘Hundreds of people were saved thanks to [their] intervention.’

Hughes claims political correctness is to blame for allowing the terror attacks.

He said the bombers in Brussels were wearing black gloves on one hand and didn’t want help with their luggage that was ‘too heavy to lift’.

‘Nobody brought any of this up until after the bombs went off.’

‘[The Bataclan victims] had no idea what was coming,’ he continued.

‘There’s a whole group of white kids out there who are stupid and blind. It’s like the bleating sheep from Animal Farm. You suggest anything that strays from the narrative and this chorus of bleats comes to drown you out.’

Massacre: Wounded victims are evacuated from the Bataclan during the terror attacks last November

Massacre: Wounded victims are evacuated from the Bataclan during the terror attacks last November

Horror: French firemen carry a victim from the Bataclan theatre following the attacks last November

Horror: French firemen carry a victim from the Bataclan theatre following the attacks last November

He caused further surprise when he insisted the attacks hadn't changed his pro-gun stance.  

‘Did your French gun control stop a single person from dying at the Bataclan?’ Hughes said following the attack.

‘If anyone can answer yes, I’d like to hear it, because I don’t think so.

‘I think the only thing that stopped it was some of the bravest men that I’ve ever seen in my life charging head-first into the face of death with their firearms.’ 

The band had previously returned to France to perform a show in Paris on February 17. 

No comments have so far been submitted. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, or debate this issue live on our message boards.

By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.

Who is this week's top commenter? Find out now