'1, 2, or 3?' Coco Rocha asks her Instagram followers to help choose a dress for the CFDA Awards... as stars prepare for fashion's big night

It's known as the Oscars of the fashion world.

And some of the biggest names in the industry were getting glammed up for the CFDA Fashion Awards in New York on Monday, putting the finishing touches to their red carpet looks.

Model Coco Rocha enlisted her fans to help her choose which little black dress she should wear for the big night. 

Scroll down for video 

Decisions decisions! Coco Rocha asked her fans to help her choose which little black dress she should wear to the CFDA Fashion Awards on Monday night

Decisions decisions! Coco Rocha asked her fans to help her choose which little black dress she should wear to the CFDA Fashion Awards on Monday night

Posting a split of three different frocks, the 27-year-old star wrote: 'Kay here's a regular shot, keep in mind I have no hair and makeup done yet! 1, 2 or 3? #allblackeverything #coandco #CFDAAwards #crowdsource  

Victoria's Secret beauty Doutzen Kroes also asked her followers for some makeup advice alongside a barefaced Instagram photo.

The 31-year-old beauty wrote: 'Almost there...still need to finished my lips... what are you guys thinking? Maybe red?' 

Natural beauty: Victoria's Secret model Doutzen Kroes also asked her followers for some makeup advice

Natural beauty: Victoria's Secret model Doutzen Kroes also asked her followers for some makeup advice

Strike a pose: Designer Vera Wang looked striking in her black two piece outfit 

Strike a pose: Designer Vera Wang looked striking in her black two piece outfit 

Golden girl: Model Elsa Hosk shimmered in gold as she was fitted into her jumpsuit for the event

Golden girl: Model Elsa Hosk shimmered in gold as she was fitted into her jumpsuit for the event

Girls star Lena Dunham snapped a photo of her pal and HBO writer Jenni Konner sporting a face mask as she prepped for the glitzy event.

The TV star wrote: '@jennikonner is 100% ready for the CFDAs' 

Actress Michelle Monaghan had a little helping hand from Snapchat using a glam filter to give her bright red lips and thick eyeliner.

In a short video clip she said: 'Wow, I'm already hair and makeup ready. That was quick. Well, I'll see you at the CFDAs tonight. I am so excited.' 

Designer Michael Kors sent both his guests, Julianne Hough and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, a beautiful flower arrangement along with a sweet note. 

Sneak peek: Model Hilary Rhoda gave fans a little glimpse of her Monique Lhuillier dress 

Sneak peek: Model Hilary Rhoda gave fans a little glimpse of her Monique Lhuillier dress 

Facial: Girls star Lena Dunham shared a snap of pal and HBO producer Jenni Konner having a beauty treatment before the awards show

Facial: Girls star Lena Dunham shared a snap of pal and HBO producer Jenni Konner having a beauty treatment before the awards show

All made up: Actress Michelle Monaghan had a little help from a Snapchat filter 

All made up: Actress Michelle Monaghan had a little help from a Snapchat filter 

Actor and TV personality Joel McHale hosts the awards show which is held at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York.

Having few connections to the fashion industry the 44-year-old said guests should be ready for him to poke fun at proceedings.

He told New York Times: 'If you don’t have a sense of humor about yourself, you’re not going to enjoy it. It’s a pretty short monologue, so it has to be packed. I’m not going to be like, "Now I will take this person out for the next two minutes." 

'On the other hand, it would be very strange for me to do a lot of jokes complimenting my subject.' 

Treat: Michael Kors sent both his guests, Julianne Hough and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley a beautiful flower arrangement along with a sweet note

Treat: Michael Kors sent both his guests, Julianne Hough and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley a beautiful flower arrangement along with a sweet note

Special: Michael Kors sent both his guests, Julianne Hough and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley a beautiful flower arrangement along with a sweet note

Special: Michael Kors sent both his guests, Julianne Hough and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley a beautiful flower arrangement along with a sweet note

The comments below have not been moderated.

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.

Who is this week's top commenter? Find out now