Emmy Rossum gives a tour of her youthful but classic NYC apartment after renovating the entire pad
Emmy Rossum turned 30 last month and it seems as though the actress is welcoming adulthood with open arms.
Not only did she become engaged last year and move out of her childhood home, but she finally finished renovating her new Upper East Side apartment.
'It can make you want to pull your hair out, but there's an amazing sense of accomplishment,' she confessed in the latest issue of Elle Decor.
'There's an amazing sense of accomplishement': Emmy Rossum, 30, showed off her newly renovated Upper East Side apartment in the latest issue of Elle Decor
The Shameless star has been working on her New York City pad with designer Antonino Buzzetta, whose signature style is a 'modern-minded take on traditional glamour,' for the past seven months.
'I wanted it to have a young energy, but with old-fashioned touches,' said Emmy of the look she was going for.
The stunning star posed in her gorgeous apartment for the magazine, perched on a windowsill with iron-framed casement windows.
Emmy looked radiant in a crimson lace dress with lipstick to match.
'Old-fashioned touches': The Shameless star has been working with designer Antonino Buzzetta, whose signature style is a 'modern-minded take on traditional glamour,' for the past seven months
Although construction took several months on her one-bedroom pad the Day After Tomorrow actress welcomed the process.
'I really liked the construction aspect of it,' she said, 'taking down the walls, solving problems.'
Emmy - who scored a Golden Globe nomination at just 17 for her role as Christine in Phantom of the Opera - admitted she would love to do it all over again.
'Young energy': The Golden Globe nominee never had a place of her own until recently
'I'm hoping one day to gut a townhouse. That would just be the ultimate.'
The brunette beauty grew up on the East Side of Manhattan and never had a place of her own until recently.
But that all changed when she purchased her new digs, despite the fact that she wanted to make some major modifications.
Details: Emmy nicknamed her new home the "pied-à-teardown," which translates to 'Walk-in Teardown
She nicknamed her new home the "pied-à-teardown," a play on the phrase pied-à-terre, French for 'foot on the ground'.
And with a wedding on the way, Emmy now has a beautiful new place to start her life with fiancé, director Sam Esmail, 39, creator of the critically acclaimed series Mr. Robot.
The smitten couple started dating after meeting on set of the 2014 film Cornet, which Sam directed and Emmy starred in, and the couple became engaged in August 2015.
Growing family: Emmy now has a beautiful new place to start her life with fiancé, director Sam Esmail, 39, creator of the critically acclaimed series Mr. Robot; pictured September 18
Most watched News videos
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Funny Vine by Samuel Grubbs shows guy being brutally slapped
- Brutal moment two buffalo hit each other head-on at village party
- Soldiers attacked by knife wielding man at Israeli checkpoint
- Prisoner appears to headbutt guard moments before execution
- Is this proof that ballot boxes have been stuffed in elections?
- George Clooney is left shocked after finding out about Brangelina
- Teenager screams in agony as she is beaten by merciless gang
- Dashcam shows dramatic outside lane crash on M6 motorway
- Sickening footage shows ISIS shoot and behead 'spy' in Syria
- Shocking footage from 'mass brawl involving up to 100 youths'