Back to work! Jennifer Lopez looks cheerful as she films Shades Of Blue in New York City after sexy post-breakup Instagram selfie
Shades Of Blue will return to NBC for its second series early next year.
On Tuesday, the cast and crew were still hard at work on the shoot, including executive producer and leading lady Jennifer Lopez.
The 47-year-old was spotted in character as corrupt NYPD Detective Harlee Santos as she filmed a scene outdoors in Queens.
Hard at work: On Tuesday, Jennifer Lopez was spotted filming her NBC cop drama Shades Of Blue
Santos' trademark heavily curled and highlighted hairdo sat on the Jenny From The Block singer's head.
She wore an elegant camel-coloured coat over a form-fitting dark grey turtleneck and a pair of lighter grey trousers.
The scene saw her character examining the engine of a dark green Honda with a New York number plate sat in the car park of an NYPD Tow Pound.
Detective work: In addition to heading up the cast as NYPD Detective Harlee Santos, she is also one of the executive producers
Fellow players: The 47-year-old's castmates include Ray Liotta and Drea De Matteo
Shades Of Blue sets the Out Of Sight actress opposite Ray Liotta, who plays her superior and father figure Lieutenant Matt Wozniak.
Over the course of the first series, Santos becomes increasingly entangled in morally dubious dealings in order to protect her daughter Cristina.
In an interview Lopez and Liotta gave to Deadline in June, she called the programme 'my best work,' pointing out: 'This was how I started my career. This is who I am.'
She explained: 'I always saw myself as an actress who danced and sang and had those talents as well, and I made my records later in my career. I didn’t make my first record until I was almost 30. So the acting was always the first thing. That was where people got to know me.'
Forthcoming: The first series ran from January through March this year, and the second will premiere early next year
Clues: The scene took place in the car park of an NYPD Tow Pound
On the personal end of her life, the Bronx native recently split from her choreographer boyfriend Casper Smart, who is 18 years her junior.
They'd struck up their romance in 2011, back when he was a backup dancer on her tour. In August, they announced their separation.
On Monday night, though, she gave her Instagram followers a glimpse of what the man that got away was missing.
The Selena actress posed for a selfie in a black nightie that bared a good deal of her generous cleavage. Her caption wished readers: 'Ok good night...,' followed by an emoji of stars, and she pouted for effect.
'Ok good night...': The Out Of Sight star, who in August broke up with her 29-year-old boyfriend Casper Smart, posted a cleavage-baring Instagram selfie Monday night
Most watched News videos
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Funny Vine by Samuel Grubbs shows guy being brutally slapped
- Brutal moment two buffalo hit each other head-on at village party
- Soldiers attacked by knife wielding man at Israeli checkpoint
- Prisoner appears to headbutt guard moments before execution
- Is this proof that ballot boxes have been stuffed in elections?
- George Clooney is left shocked after finding out about Brangelina
- Teenager screams in agony as she is beaten by merciless gang
- Dashcam shows dramatic outside lane crash on M6 motorway
- Sickening footage shows ISIS shoot and behead 'spy' in Syria
- Shocking footage from 'mass brawl involving up to 100 youths'