'I never had sex with that man!' Halle Berry shoots down wrestling legend Ric Flair's claim they had a fling
Wrestling legend Ric Flair claimed this week that Halle Berry had accepted an invitation 'to ride Space Mountain' back before she was famous.
But on Tuesday, the Oscar-winning actress, 50, categorically denied that they had ever had a fling.
A rep for the actress told TMZ that Berry 'never' had sex with Flair, 67.
Riding Space Mountain: WWE legend Ric Flair, pictured in the ring in 2004, claimed on his podcast that he'd had sex with Hollywood star Halle Berry back in the late 1990s
The WWE champ made the claim on his Ric Flair Show podcast, bragging that the Catwoman star was one of 'dozens' of celebrities with whom he'd had a sexual encounter - or who had ridden Space Mountain as he refers to his sexual encounters.
Flair said he and Berry had got it together in Atlanta following her 1997 divorce from MLB star David Justice.
'There is NO truth to this!' sources told TMZ. 'Halle has literally never even heard of him let alone met him!!!'
Not true: The Monster's Ball Oscar winner, 50, categorically denied via her spokesperson that she had ever had sex with Flair. She's pictured in LA last week
Not only is the mother-of-two, who is estranged from third husband Olivier Martinez, denying the allegation; she's also said to be 'deeply offended' by the insinuation.
A source said: 'A man doesn't get to sexualize and lie about a woman he's never met to better himself or his name. It's offensive, demeaning and beyond misogynistic.'
Flair's claim happened after he responded to a fan question posed via Twitter, asking if any celebrities had ridden Space Mountain.
Bragged: Flair, 67, euphemistically refers to his sexual encounters as 'riding Space Mountain' and claimed Berry was one of 'dozens' of celebrities who'd taken a 'ride'
'Oh gosh, several dozen,' he responded. 'Do you want me to start with Halle Berry?'
'Of course she did. She was in Atlanta and she had just gotten divorced from Dave Justice,' he went on.
The show’s co-host Conrad Thompson asked if it was a true story.
'Would I have to make up a lie?' Flair replied.
In the past: Flair claimed he'd had sex with Berry right after her divorce from her first husband, MLB star David Justice in 1997. Berry and Justice are pictured together in 1996
Most watched News videos
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Funny Vine by Samuel Grubbs shows guy being brutally slapped
- Brutal moment two buffalo hit each other head-on at village party
- Soldiers attacked by knife wielding man at Israeli checkpoint
- Prisoner appears to headbutt guard moments before execution
- Is this proof that ballot boxes have been stuffed in elections?
- George Clooney is left shocked after finding out about Brangelina
- Teenager screams in agony as she is beaten by merciless gang
- Dashcam shows dramatic outside lane crash on M6 motorway
- Sickening footage shows ISIS shoot and behead 'spy' in Syria
- Shocking footage from 'mass brawl involving up to 100 youths'