ISIS calls on Islamists to carry out knife attacks in areas such as alleys, forests and quiet neighbourhoods and told to aim for 'a reasonable kill count' in latest magazine
- Islamic State urged would-be jihadists to 'overcome their squeamishness'
- The article offered advice on which knives to use 'for assassinations'
- A previous edition of the magazine named teenagers as targets
Islamic State has urged lone jihadists to arm themselves with weapons to carry out a 'campaign of knife attacks' in quiet neighbourhoods.
In a propaganda magazine, ISIS urged would-be jihadists to 'overcome their squeamishness' which it said was 'never an excuse for abandoning jihad'.
The terror group made the call in the second edition of magazine Rumiyah, meaning Rome, which was issued by the organisation's Al-Hayat Media Centre.
According to PJ Media, the article urges would-be jihadists to launch their assaults at nighttimeon random victims in alleys, beaches, forests, and 'quiet neighbourhoods', and aim for a 'reasonable kill count.'
An ISIS propaganda magazine has called on would-be terrorists to arm themselves with knives
The first edition of the magazine, which was issued last month, urged jihadists to target teens playing after-school sport and pavement flower-sellers.
In the latest PDF edition, which has been distributed widely on social media, supporters were urged to arm themselves with readily-available weapons and launch a 'campaign of knife attacks' in which the attacker 'could dispose of his weapon after each use, finding no difficulty in acquiring another one.'
In a call to arms, an article in the magazine says: 'One need not be a military expert or a martial arts master, or even own a gun or rifle in order to carry out a massacre or to kill and injure several disbelievers and terrorize an entire nation.'
Urging followers to carry out brutal acts of violence, the article continues: 'Many people are often squeamish of the thought of plunging a sharp object into another person's flesh.
The magazine has told followers of Islamic State that 'any such squirms and discomforts are never an excuse for abandoning jihad'
'It is a discomfort caused by the untamed, inherent dislike for pain and death, especially after 'modernization' distanced males from partaking in the slaughtering of livestock for food and the striking of the enemy in war.
'However, any such squirms and discomforts are never an excuse for abandoning jihad.'
The shocking article even goes on to advise would-be terrorists on which weapons to use.
'It is explicitly advised not to use kitchen knives, as their basic structure is not designed to handle the kind of vigorous application used for assassinations and slaughter,' it reads, adding: 'to avoid troublesome knives, those that can cause harm to the user because of poor manufacturing.'
The terror rag, printed in Turkish, German, French, Indonesian, Russian, Arabic and Uyghur, is simpler in content and shorter in length than ISIS' other English-language magazine Dabiq.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers