Scarface star Steven Bauer, 59, checks into rehab as he continues to battle alcohol addiction
He's been struggled with addition for years.
And Ray Donovan star Steven Bauer is back in rehab, according to InTouch Weekly on Wednesday.
The 59-year-old actor has voluntarily checked into a Malibu treatment centre, reports the publication.
Battles: Ray Donovan star Steven Bauer is back in rehab, according to InTouch on Wednesday (pictured in August)
The Scarface star - who has son Alexander Bauer with ex-wife Melanie Griffith, is battling to stay sober.
His rep confirmed the news to InTouch: 'In recent months, he realized he was starting to drink more than he was comfortable with. He preemptively wanted to take care of the issue.
'But in no uncertain terms does he take drugs, nor is he being treated for a drug-related addiction,' they added.
Former couple: His first wife was Melanie Griffith and they have a son together (pictured in 1988)
A source told them: 'He loves working on Ray Donovan and wants everyone to know he’s back on the straight and narrow.'
The source explained that he has plenty of support from his family and twenty-year-old girlfriend.
'His mom, son Alexander and girlfriend, Lyda Loudon, have been there for him.
'He’s serious about staying sober,' the source added.
True love: He is dating Lyda Loudon, who is 40 years younger than him (pictured last month)
The actor hit the headlines when he revealed his relationship with Lyda, who is 40 years his junior.
The three-times divorced actor opened up about their two-year relationship earlier this year, in an interview published in In Touch magazine.
The couple met when she was just 18-years-old.
'Lyda and I have faced criticism, but not from anyone interesting,' Steven told the publication, 'my family loves her and she loves them.'
Movie role: He starred opposite Al Pacino in Scarface (pictured)
The celebrity, probably best known for playing opposite Al Pacino in 1983's Scarface, added that he has finally found true love.
Lyda is the daughter of Missouri State Senator John Loudon and his conservative radio show host wife Dr. Gina.
Bauer also has son, Dylan, 25, with his second ex-wife, Ingrid Anderson, to whom he was married from 1989 to 1991.
A year later, he married his third wife, Christiana Boney, but that didn't last either.
On screen: He stars in Showtime's Ray Donovan
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers