Still pals! Lindsay Lohan shares FaceTime screen shot of Jonathan Bennett who played her love interest in Mean Girls
It was a Mean Girls reunion of sorts.
Lindsay Lohan and her love interest in the romantic comedy, Jonathan Bennett, got together...via FaceTime.
On Thursday, the 30-year-old took to Instagram to share a screen shot of the 34-year-old, who played Aaron Samuels in the 2004 blockbuster, chatting to her.
Still friends: On Thursday Lindsay Lohan posted a FaceTime screen shot on Instagram as she chatted to Jonathan Bennett, who played her love interest in the 2004 hit Mean Girls
Old mates: Jonathan, 34, pictured at an event in Hollywood on Tuesday, and the 31-year-old, seen at the Butterfly Ball in London in June, have kept in contact for the past 12 years
The pair have kept in touch, despite the 12 years that have elapsed since the movie hit the big screen, according to E! News.
The newly single actress captioned it: '#nice #friends #j #Люблю #theworldisbiggerthan5 #facetime #iphone7 #stevenuniverseJOBS.
#Люблю means 'I love you' in Russian, a phrase she likely learned from her ex-fiancé Egor Tarabasov, a 23-year-old Russian heir who runs the real estate agency Home House Estates in London.
She broke up with him in August, ending an allegedly abusive relationship.
Getting intense: The pair starred as high school girlfriend and boyfriend Cady and Aaron in 2004's Mean Girls. Jonathan has made it clear that there's no chance of a reunion film
Jonathan, who is presently starring in MTV series Awkward, has made no secret of the fact that he is against a full-blown cast reunion.
He told Us Weekly last year: 'If anyone asks me one more time if there's going to be a Mean Girls reunion, I'm going to kill someone.
'No! There's not going to be a Mean Girls reunion! Stop trying to make it happen! It's not going to happen!'
National Mean Girls Day: The blonde reminded her fans of the date on Instagram on Monday
However, Lindsay obviously isn't over the movie.
She posted an Instagram of herself with co-stars Amanda Seyfried, Rachel McAdams and Lacey Chabert on Monday, declaring it National Mean Girls Day.
Meanwhile, Lindsay is currently recovering from a scary injury to her ring finger that occurred when she tried to lower the anchor of the boat she was in off the coast of Turkey last weekend.
She got tangled in a rope that ripped off the end of her finger. It was later re-attached at a local hospital.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers