She didn't wake up like that! As Alicia Keys poses bare-faced for her next album, her make-up artist details how the singer maintains her flawless skin
- Since first going make-up free during a photo shoot in May, Alicia, 35, has committed to the look
- Today, the singer unveiled the cover art for her upcoming album - a black and white portrait in which she appears bare-faced
- Alicia's make-up artist recently revealed that even though she's ditched the cosmetics, she still sticks to an extensive skincare regimen
- Shop the products that The Voice coach uses to perfect her complexion
Alicia Keys made headlines back in May when she posed bare-faced for the artwork for her single, In Common, and penned a subsequent essay for Lenny Letter about how freeing the experience was. Since then, her commitment to the no-make-up movement has not wavered.
She attended the MTV Video Music Awards, New York Fashion Week and has appeared on-screen as a coach on NBC's The Voice all without a scrap of mascara, eyeshadow, lipstick or the like. Today, she released the cover art for her upcoming album, Here (it drops on November 4), looking as fresh-faced as ever.
While the 35-year-old's crusade is no doubt inspiring, skipping the foundation might not seem like such a sacrifice for someone with flawless skin. But as it turns out, Alicia has worked hard to achieve a clear, lit-from-within complexion and lucky for us, her make-up artist has detailed exactly how.
A natural state of mind: Alicia Keys, 35, has embraced her natural appearance since first going bare-faced back in May
Coming soon: Today, the singer posted the cover art for her upcoming album, Here, on social media ahead of its November 4 release date
'Alicia gets regular facials, does acupuncture and she eats healthy and exercises,' the singer's longtime make-up artist Dotti told Wmagazine.com in a recent interview. 'She knows you have to invest internally for your skin to look great externally.'
In addition, maintaining her complexion involves an arsenal of skincare products and radiance-boosting tricks.
A cleansing oil from MV Organic Skincare and face masks from Eminence Organics and SK-II are among the Empire State of Mind singer's go-to's.
To tighten and energize Alicia's skin, Dotti told the publication that she places cucumber pulp around her eyes and works her skin with a jade roller that has been iced.
So she IS human: Her make-up artist recently revealed that even though the singer has ditched the cosmetics, she still sticks to an extensive skincare regimen to perfect her complexion
Following the leader: Kim Kardashian (left), 35, and Gabrielle Union (right), 42, are among the stars who have also bared their natural appearance recently
For performances or appearances on The Voice, Dotti does enhance some of Alicia's features using make-up, but with a very light hand. For example, She uses Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer to amplify Alicia's freckles and Vita Liberata Self Tanning Anti-Age Serum to warm up her complexion.
The pro also fills in Alicia's brows with individual false lashes on occasion. She explained to Into the Gloss that she prefers this method because the texture of the lashes provide a realistic effect.
Just as Alicia stressed during a recent appearance on the Today show, Dotti said that the songstress isn't against make-up or planning on ditching it for good. 'This isn’t really a big statement. She’s just loving where she is.'
With that skin, we would too.
Read on to shop Alicia's skin-perfecting routine.
SHOP THE PRODUCTS ALICIA KEYS AND HER MAKE-UP ARTIST USE TO PERFECT HER COMPLEXION FROM THE TOP
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers