'She tries not to cry in front of North': Kim Kardashian suffers 'flashbacks' as she struggles to deal with trauma of heist
She's just been through the most traumatic experience of her life.
But rather than letting herself fall apart, Kim Kardashian is desperately trying to hold it together - for the sake of her young children.
'They don't know what is going on, thankfully,' a source told Entertainment Tonight. 'She tries not to cry in front of North, but it's been tough.'
'She tries not to cry in front of North': Kim Kardashian carries her daughter as she heads back to Los angeles from New York on Thursday; it has been revealed that the traumatised reality star is suffering 'flashbacks' as she struggles after heist
And while Kim and husband Kanye West have flown home with their three-year-old daughter North and baby son Saint, things are far from normal.
'She still gets emotional thinking about the incident,' the source said.
'I don't think the flashbacks will go away anytime soon though. It's going to take a while for those to stop, as with any traumatic experience like that.'
Kim was alone and asleep in her exclusive rented Paris apartment, when a gang of armed robbers somehow got inside on Sunday night.
Scene of the crime: Kim was alone and asleep in her exclusive rented Paris apartment, when a gang of armed robbers somehow got inside on Sunday night
Police in Paris say they are investigating the heist in which Kim was tied up and locked in a bathroom, before the men, described as white, French and middle aged, stole $10 million worth of jewelry.
No arrests have been made.
Adding to Kim's trauma, is the realisation that the incident, while upsetting, could have been much worse.
Said the source: 'The scariest part for her throughout this experience is the fact that it could have been a lot worse, and she couldn't imagine what that would have been like for her children.'
Night out: The 35-year-old is pictured earlier in the evening, before the heist on Sunday
As Kim recovers, the E! Network has shut down production of her family reality show Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
A spokesperson for the network told Variety that: 'Kim's well-being is our core focus right now'. They added that: 'no decision has been made as to when production will resume.'
E! said in a previous statement on Monday that the show wasn't filming at the time of the robbery.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers