Reunited! Brad Pitt sees his children for the first time since shock split from Angelina Jolie after agreeing to supervised visits
He's been living apart from his children since estranged wife Angelina Jolie filed for divorce on September 19.
The actor, 52, and Jolie, 41, agreed to a temporary custody arrangement amid allegations he was verbally abusive and got physical with their son Maddox, 15, on a private flight.
Family split: Brad Pitt has reportedly seen his children again amid his nasty divorce battle with estranged wife Angelina Jolie
'Brad loves his children more than anything in this world, and they matter more than anything else to him,' a source told People.
'He will do whatever it takes to be with them, now and always.'
Brad's rep declined to comment when contacted by DailyMail.com.
The Fight Club star agreed to a voluntary plan recommended by the Department Of Children And Family Services, which includes supervised visits with their children, therapy and voluntary drug and alcohol tests.
Happier days: Brad and Angelina, seen with their children in Tokyo in 2008, are parents to Maddox, 15; Pax, 12; Zahara, 11; Shiloh, 10, and twins Knox and Vivienne, 8
Under the terms of the agreement, a therapist was likely with the actor as he was reunited with his children for supervised visits.
The temporary custody arrangement expires on October 20, at which point a new agreement will be negotiated. It also requires Brad, Angelina and the children to go to family therapy as well as individual therapy.
Maleficent star Jolie is seeking sole custody, while Brad is asking for shared custody.
Brangelina no more: Brad agreed to supervised visits, drug tests and therapy in order to see his children as part of a temporary custody agreement. Jolie is seeking sole custody
The movie stars are parents to Maddox, 15; Pax, 12; Zahara, 11; Shiloh, 10, and twins Knox and Vivienne, 8.
Since her shock divorce filing, Jolie has been holed up in a Malibu rental property with the children, and has just rented a Hidden Hills mansion previously owned by actress Denise Richards.
She has also hired the 'real life Olivia Pope,' crisis management expert Julie Smith - the inspiration behind hit TV show Scandal - to help deal with the public fallout from the divorce.
Moneyball actor Brad has reportedly told his team not to play dirty or smear his estranged wife in the press, although Us Weekly reports he has plenty of 'stuff' on Jolie and there is serious 'bad blood' between the megastars.
Nasty divorce: Brad with Pax, Shiloh and Maddox at the premiere of Angelina's film Unbroken in Hollywood in 2014
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers