'I can't stand the drippy whispering': The Fall fans threaten to switch off after 'boring' second episode of the BBC drama
- Second episode of hit serial killer drama aired on BBC2 last night
- Season opener was criticised for being too much like Casualty
- Last night's slow-moving episode didn't fare too much better
- Only development was killer waking up and claiming amnesia
The first two season of The Fall left fans on the edge of their seats as the cat and mouse game between serial killer Paul Spector and DSI Stella Gibson ratcheted up the tension in every episode.
However, viewers have been complaining that the new series starring Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan is boring and features too much 'drippy whispering'.
After last week's opener was likened to an episode of casualty, the latest episode which aired on BBC 2 last night did not fare much better and viewers threatened to switch off if something doesn't happen soon.
Scroll down for video
Jamie Dornan as serial killer Paul Spector in the new series of The Fall, which aired last night. Fans blasted the slow-moving episode for featuring too much whispering
Vivdora summed up what many people were feeling by tweeting: 'I watched one and a bit episodes until I just couldn't stand the drippy whispering, ridiculous high heels and weird nursing care.'
A_wood20 said it would need a major plot development to convince him to watch the rest of the series.
'The Fall needs to do something useful soon otherwise it's getting switched off #veryslow,' he said.
Many complaints centred around Gillian Anderson throaty delivery of her lines.
Backatyou begged: 'Please Stella clear your throat before you talk.'
Carolematthews was equally unimpressed, saying 'Even the naffing headteacher is whispering for the love of God!'
Jos21Bell questioned if the show was aiming to send people into a coma.
'What's with the whispering and the pillow close ups?' she asked. 'Are you trying to send all your viewers into an anaesthetised doze?'
And Fuggerbug said they couldn't wait for Spector to 'start killing again' to liven things up.
Helendunb sad the show was 'disappointingly tedious', Easynova also complained about 'too much whispering' and even new viewer Jackiekenny was not gripped.
'I'm new to TheFall but it's pretty boring, all those whispering voices,' she said.
Anthony McNamee predicted that many viewers wouldn't make it to episode three.
And he tweeted a picture of a scene from the comedy Airplane when one of the characters bores a fellow-passenger so much by talking about his romantic troubles, he ends up sitting alongside a skeleton.
'It's beginning to remind of this scene,' he said.
However, some people seemed content with the slow pace such as Kinobean_ who said: 'The Fall is still spell-binding in its glacial, suspenseful story-telling. I feel like it's building to something huge soon.'
Fans have complained that the new season of The Fall is too reminiscent of Casualty as most of the action so far has been set in a hospital
Gillian Anderson, who plays DSI Stella Maxwell, was criticised for her throaty deliver
Last week's episode was likened to Casualty, with most of the action taking place in hospital, and Stephen Wensley said that it still felt like 'a spin off' of the medical drama.
There was one development in last night's episode, however, as Jamie Dornan's serial killer character regained consciousness.
While detectives were desperate to question him, Spector claimed he couldn't remember anything.
But it's not clear whether he's really suffering from amnesia, or it's just another clever ploy.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers