Iraq's transport minister declares country's new airport will be built on the site of a 7,000-year-old alien interplanetary spaceship launcher
- Kazem Finjan said 'ancient aliens' built earth's first airport 7,000 years ago
- He said ancient spaceships had visited Pluto and mythical planet Nibiru
- Mr Finjan claimed historians had documented the existence of the airport
Iraq's Transport Minister has claimed that the country's new airport will be constructed on the site of an ancient spaceship launcher, which was built by aliens 7,000 years ago.
Speaking at a press conference to announce the construction of the new airport, Kazem Finjan said 'ancient aliens' had built earth's first airport in Iraq 7,000 years ago.
Mr Finjan claimed that extraterrestrial beings had used the ancient airport, in Dhi Qar, southern Iraq, for interplanetary missions.
He even suggested that ancient spaceships launched from the site 5,000 years BC had discovered both Pluto and the mythical planet of Nibiru.
According to a according to a clip and translation posted Wednesday by the Middle East Media Research Institute, Mr Finjan told journalists: 'The particularity of this place is that it remains the safest for the landing and takeoff of aircraft, due to favourable weather conditions.
Scroll down for video
Mr Finjan claimed that extraterrestrial beings had used the ancient airport, in Dhi Qar, southern Iraq, for interplanetary missions
He suggested that ancient spaceships launched from the site 5,000 years BC had discovered both Pluto and the mythical planet of Nibiru
'The atmosphere throughout Dhi Qar is positive….When the Sumerians settled here, they knew full well that the atmosphere here was suitable for flying to outer space. It was from here that the Sumerian spaceships took off towards the other planets.'
The Transport Minister offered evidence to back up his theory, claiming historians had documented the existence of the airport.
He told journalists: 'I invite those who doubt to read the book of the great Sumerian historian Zecharia Sitchin, or the books of Samuel Kramer including one entitled 'History begins at sumer', which speaks of the first airport constructed on planet earth, and it is there at el Naciria,'
'The Sumerians were the first to discover the 12th planet, which was acknowledged a few days ago by NASA and named Nibiru, and which completes its orbit around the sun every 3,600 years,' he continued.
The Transport Minister offered evidence to back up his theory, claiming historians had documented the existence of the airport
Although the history books have been discredited they have been read by millions of people worldwide
Journalists at the press conference appeared confused by Mr Finjan's claims
One of the books Mr Finjan was referring to was 'The 12th Planet', written in 1976 by Sitchin, a self-taught Sumerian expert.
In the book, Sitchin described a planet called Nibiru, which was was home to extraterrestrials, who had travelled to earth 450,000 years ago on a colonial mission and later interbred with humans.
Although scientists have discredited his theories, Sitchin's books have been read by millions around the world.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers