Lovely in lace! Elle Fanning delights in pale yellow midriff-baring frock at 20th Century Women premiere at NYFF
Elle Fanning was the sweetest of child stars but it's clear she's grown up into a regal young lady.
The 18-year-old actress was simply elegant as she hit up the New York Film Festival premiere of her new movie 20th Century Women on Saturday.
Elle was radiant in a light yellow and lacy two-piece number that showed off her slender waistline.
Lovely in lace: Elle Fanning looked delightful in a lacy and ruffed two-piece number at the NYFF premiere of her new movie 20th Century Women on Saturday
The material featured lots of embroidered and embossed details and a layering of ruffles descending into a high-low hemline.
A pair of pointy heels matched the colour of the dress perfectly and made her delicate ankles stand out.
The blonde actress was giddy as she posed up with co-star Annette Bening and director Mike Mills.
Pale gold: The 18-year-old actress' dress brought out her translucent fair complexion
In good company: Elle posed up with co-star Annette Bening and the film's director Mike Mills at the event
Protegee: Annette was the maternal one while smiling for the cameras alongside Elle
Annette, 58, looked chic in a black tailored suit and white shirt with classy specs to match.
20th Century Women, which on Saturday will screen as the 'Centerpiece' of the New York Film Festival, features the Super 8 star alongside Annette Bening, Greta Gerwig Lucas Jade Zumann and Billy Crudup.
Written and directed by Mike Mills of Beginners acclaim, the film is set in 1979 and features Bening as the Zumann character's divorced mother and Fanning as his best friend. The Crudup and Gerwig characters share a shambolic house with the mother and son.
Drama queens: The film's two stars put on their dramatic expressions
Hello: Elle was a friendly girl and waved to bystanders
Earlier at the film festival, the director gave a press conference alongside Bening and Fanning.
In a video uploaded by YouTube user GoldDerby, Elle can be seen expounding on how she developed her character.
The young actress noted that 'Mike said, you know, she's - I think she's based off of, like, girls that he knew growing up and things, you know, who were older than him, and would kind of, you know, these girls that would come to his room, like, drunk.'
Coming soon: 20th Century Women - which also stars Lucas Jade Zumann, Greta Gerwig and Billy Crudup - opens in US theatres on January 20, 2017
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers