'If he doesn’t get the awards he wants, he just doesn’t show up!' Michael 'Wippa' Wipfli reveals the reason his Nova co-host Ryan 'Fitzy' Fitzgerald didn't attend the ACRAs
They are the two pranksters on FM breakfast radio.
And on Saturday night, Michael 'Wippa' Wipfli was up to his old tricks as he attended the Australian Commercial Radio Awards in Melbourne WITHOUT his Nova co-host Ryan 'Fitzy' Fitzgerald.
When speaking to Daily Mail Australia at the event, the 37-year-old funnyman said the ex-AFL player was 'auditioning for Big Brother 2017', and joked that he refused to attend because they weren't nominated for Best On-Air Show.
Scroll down for video
His usual antics: Nova FM's Wippa (pictured) joked his co-host Fitzy was 'auditioning for Big Brother 2017' after he failed to attend the Australian Commercial Radio Awards in Melbourne
'He is not here tonight, he is auditioning for Big Brother 2017, which is quiet weird,' Wippa said with a big grin.
'He is desperate to get back into the Big Brother house.
'He said to me, "Mate auditions are at the same time, can you go and hold the fort?" So I am here tonight and flying solo.'
Out of sight: Wippa laughed: 'He is not here tonight, he is auditioning for Big Brother 2017, which is quiet weird. He is desperate to get back into the Big Brother house'
Blast from the past: Fitzy originally appeared on Big Brother back in 2004 after retiring from the AFL and before beginning a career in radio
Fitzy originally appeared on the reality TV show in 2004 after retiring from the AFL and before launching a career in radio.
Wippa added, sarcastically: 'But at the same time, he was very angry that we weren’t up for Best Show.
'He was so emotional. If he doesn’t get the awards he wants, he just doesn’t show up.
'That’s what I have to deal with every day,' he continued, before taking the opportunity to jokingly praise himself.
'I am the nice guy and I want everyone to know I am the good guy. He is a horrible guy,' Wippa said.
Not happy? He sarcastically added: 'At the same time, he was angry that we weren’t up for best show. He was so emotional. If he doesn’t get the awards he wants, he just doesn’t show up'
Jokes aside: While Wippa poked fun at his co-host's absence, Fitzy (pictured far left) was busy attending a friend's wedding with his wife Belinda Irons
During his chat with DMA, Wippa labelled his team at Nova Entertainment as 'family' while he opened up about his breakfast show with Fitzy.
'Everything is great, we are having fun,' he said, adding: 'It is great when you get into a routine and we are really just like a big happy family.'
He added: 'It is also great to know if I open my mouth Fitzy knows where to go with it and vice versa.'
Colleagues: Despite not having his co-host, Wippa attended the industry event with the show's On Air and Assistant Program Director, Sarah McGilvray
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers