Amanda Holden's sister fights for her life: Talent show judge is in 'absolute agony' as she rushes to the bedside of her beloved sister who is in intensive care after horror car smash
- Debbie Holden, 44, is in 'critical but stable' condition at a Cornwall hospital
- She was caught up in a horror car crash on Thursday morning
- Her talent show judge sister dashed down from London to be beside her
- Amanda is reportedly in 'absolute agony' as she is 'very close to her sister'
Amanda Holden dashed to be beside her younger sister who was in intensive care last night after a car crash.
The talent show star held a bedside vigil alongside her diving instructor sibling.
Debbie Holden, 44, was described as being in a 'critical but stable' condition at a hospital in Cornwall.
Very close: Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda, right, beside her sister Debbie
Debbie Holden, left, is described as being in a 'critical but stable' condition after a car crash
She was caught up in a horror accident on Thursday morning.
No-one else is thought to have been injured.
Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda, one year her senior, had to rush off after attending Simon Cowell's 57th birthday bash in London on Wednesday night.
A source told MailOnline the family is now hoping Debbie will 'make a full recovery' and is 'out of the worst'.
Scroll down for videos
They added Debbie was in a car accident in Cornwall where no-one else was believed to be involved or injured.
A source told The Sun that Amanda is in 'absolute agony' as she is 'very close to her sister'.
'It's been a very difficult 48 hours and the whole family have been pulling together and trying to keep positive,' they told the paper.
Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda, seen attending the birthday bash for head judge Simon Cowell on Wednesday night
Debbie, right, became especially close with Amanda in adulthood after living through a strained relationship with their father Frank, centre, as children
'Amanda is very close to her sister': A source said Amanda is still with her sister in hospital
A source told MailOnline the family is now hoping Debbie will 'make a full recovery' and is 'out of the worst'
'Amanda is very close to her sister. They're only a year apart and there's something about them together which is really special. Amanda's still with her in hospital,' added the source.
Debbie, who is single without children, escaped death during a Nepal earthquake in April last year.
She has reportedly become especially close with Amanda in adulthood, after living through a strained relationship with their father Frank as children.
Amanda has previously spoken about their relationship with her estranged father, who 'was hardly ever there'.
Debbie Holden, left, has been travelling around the world since the turn of the millennium, splitting most of her time between Cornwall and Koh Lanta in Thailand
Frank split from their mother Judith in 1976 on grounds of his alcohol fuelled behaviour.
Live on air last year Amanda was visibly moved when it was revealed Debbie had been caught up in an aftershock while stranded on Mount Everest.
She spoke to her sibling on ITV's This Morning, after the earthquake killed some 5,500 people and left 11,000 injured.
Amanda Holden, left at 4-years-old, sharing a seat with her sister Debbie aged 3
Older sister Amanda, left, scene in happy times as a child with her sister in Hampshire
Amanda bit her lip and tried to keep her composure as Debbie told her: 'We are still on edge... we are absolutely worn out.'
Miraculously Debbie missed a 300-foot high speeding wall of snow and ice after turning back down the mountain due to altitude sickness.
The expat has been travelling around the world since the turn of the millennium, with just a '50 litre backpack and a very rough plan', as stated on her blog.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers