'I have experimented with drugs': Former AFL star Dane Swan admits 'recreational' use of illicit substances when he played for Collingwood
- Former AFL star Dane Swan said he used drugs during his career
- Swan said he never failed a drug test since while playing for Collingwood
- He said he only experimented with recreational drugs, never illicit drugs
- The 32-year-old was awarded the Brownlow Medal in 2010 and 2011
Recently retired ALF star Dane Swan has admitted to taking recreational drugs during his career with the Collingwood Magpies.
The 32-year-old's revelation comes at the release of his autobiography called Dane Swan - My Story.
'I have experimented with what some people call recreational drugs, but have never taken performance-enhancing drugs or what you might call 'heavy' drugs,' he said in a report by The Herald Sun.
Former Collingwood star Dane Swan said that he experimented with recreational drugs during his career with the Magpies
Swan was awarded the Brownlow Medal in 2010 and 2011 (pictured), but at the start of the 2016 season he suffered a foot injury that ended his career
The former AFL star, made his debut with Collingwood in 2003 (Swan pictured in the centre with friends at a party in Las Vegas). There is no suggestion Swan's friends pictured have taken illegal drugs
Swan (pictured centre left on the night out with his friends in Melbourne) is releasing an autobiography called Dane Swan - My Story. There is no suggestion Swan's friends pictured have taken illegal drugs
Swan said he passed numerous AFL drug tests while with the Magpies and dispelled any rumors that drugs had been a problem for him during his career.
'I am not promoting it, or encouraging it, or glorifying it ... of course I have tried drugs, but it doesn't mean that I have a habit or a problem, it doesn't mean that I do it every single weekend or to the extent that people have speculated about it,' the 32-year-old said.
Swan retired after suffering a foot injury in the opening minutes of the 2016 season, bringing an end to his 258-game career which included winning a premiership in 2010.
Swan posing on the red carpet of the 2015 Brownlow Medal Ceremony with his partner of eight years Taylor Wilson
Swan recently posted this picture of himself and Ms Wilson on Instagram attending an event
Despite his recent nude picture scandal, Swan and Ms Wilson appear to still be together
Only a few months before, full frontal nude selfies of himself he had sent out to female fans were leaked to the media.
Despite the nude picture scandals, recent Instagram posts show the Swan and his girlfriend of eight years, Taylor Wilson, attending a function together.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers