Back from the dead? A Catholic child saint who was stabbed to death by her father 300 years ago 'blinks' during tourist's terrifying footage
- Body of child saint that died 300 years ago appears to open eyes in video
- Santa Inocencia fixes stare during tourist film at Cathedral of Guadalajara
- Inocencia stabbed to death by father after taking her Holy Communion
A Catholic child saint that was stabbed to death by her father 300 years ago appears to blink at a tourist in a terrifying video.
The corpse of Santa Inocencia bares her eyes for the first time in centuries during a film made by a visitor to the Cathedral of Guadalajara in Mexico, where she is kept.
The corpse, which has been preserved in wax, looks straight into the camera during the eerie moment.
Back from the dead: A tourist's terrifying video footage seemingly shows the corpse of Santa Inocencia blink
Video of the corpse, who is dressed in a white ceremonial gown, has since been viewed over 600,000 times on YouTube - with viewers divided on whether paranormal activity is at work or the incident is a hoax.
Poster ireneam1 wrote: 'Requirements to record a paranormal event: to get the cheapest possible camera, set it to have the lowest quality, remove any lighting that can help to look good and of course, while recording is important not to move the camera.'
PP Baltierra said: 'What a coincidence that when you open and close your eyes it becomes a fuzzy video...haha.'
While Sara Johana Bravo Toro, wrote simply: 'The devil wants to impress.'
The legend of Santa Inocencia, whose name translates to St Innocent, includes a tale of a young girl who is killed by her father after taking Holy Communion.
The story suggests that her father banned her from becoming Catholic, but the girl ran away and joined the religion after befriending a nun.
Pictured, the withered hands of Santa Inocencia as it lays in Cathedral of Guadalajara
The body of Santa Inocencia has been preserved in wax and behind glass at the Cathedral of Guadalajara, in Mexico, for 300 years
On returning home after her Holy Communion ceremony, it is claimed her father attacked her - plunging a knife into her chest.
The girl's body was later taken to the Cathedral where it remained as a sign of her love for the Eucharist.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.