Horror injuries suffered by a young boy who was attacked by a CROCODILE as he swam with his family - and chilling video shows the beast swimming amongst them
- WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
- Cameron Timms, 14, was attacked by a crocodile as he swam in a river
- He had blood pouring from his arm and stomach and went into shock
- Cameron accidentally recorded the croc beneath him before the attack
- Family only realised they had the incredible footage after rushing to shore
A boy who accidentally recorded a crocodile moments before it attacked him has revealed the horrific injuries he suffered as the beast clamped its jaws around him.
Cameron Timms, 14, was taking a dip in a river in Western Australia when the croc sunk its teeth into his arm and stomach, leaving him with blood pouring from his wounds.
The family rushed to the shore to tend to their son before discovering they had inadvertently filmed the animal lurking below them just seconds before it pounced.
Pictures shared with Daily Mail Australia by Cameron's father, Mark Timms, show blood gushing from a wound on the teenager's arm and seeping from another cut on his abdomen.
Cameron was left with blood gushing down his left arm after the frightening attack by the croc
The teenager had a puncture wound on his abdomen and was left covered in blood after the attack by the crococile
Cameron had been swimming in Moonshine Gorge, at upmarket holiday ranch El Questro, with his wife and children when the croc appeared.
Timms told The Western Australian that none of the family had any idea the creature was lurking underwater until it bit his son.
Hauntingly, the father said he and his wife had felt something hit up against them, but assumed it was one of the children accidentally kicking them as they paddled in the murky water.
Cameron suffered a single puncture wound to his elbow and stomach and was treated with antibiotics.
Pictures taken moments after the attack show panic etched on Cameron's face as his family scrambled to help him.
The teenager said he went into shock after seeing his blood pouring into the water following the terrifying attack.
Cameron Timms, 14, who was swimming with father Mark and the rest of his family on an upmarket ranch in Western Australia, inadvertently filmed the crocodile that bit him
Mark Timms said the family were unaware the animal was swimming next to them in the murky water, and only realised when they checked a GoPro Cameron was wearing
Cameron (centre, with his family) was shaken and had to take antibiotics but will recover
Describing the experience, Cameron said: 'We were just standing in a group and I was swimming through the middle when all of a sudden I felt something on the side of me.
'I realised I was bleeding, I went into a bit of shock and didn’t know what was going on.'
Later, the family checked a GoPro camera that Cameron had been wearing underwater and saw the crocodile for the first time.
In the brief footage, the reptile can be seen swimming within inches of the bathers as they paddle underwater.
Mark Timms told Daily Mail Australia that Cameron was 'all good and healing up' but may think twice about getting back in the water.
'I'm not sure he will rush back into the water,' the father said. 'He will get there.'
The gorge is a popular swimming spot with tourists who travel to the expensive ranch to undertake outdoor activities including horse riding, fishing and cruises.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.