Matt Damon celebrates 46th birthday promoting new film The Great Wall at NY Comic Con
Many might want to spend their special day with family and friends.
But on Saturday Matt Damon spent part of his 46th birthday at the New York Comic Con as he promoted his upcoming film The Great Wall.
The Hollywood A-lister looked hunky as ever as he spoke at a panel with his co-stars from the action-adventure monster film.
Scroll down for video
Birthday babe! Matt Damon turned 46 on Saturday as he attended New York Comic Con
The Academy Award-winning actor opted for comfort in a black polo shirt with light wash denim jeans.
He looked handsome as he sported a bit of scruff and stepped out in a pair of black leather boots.
Matt was joined by cast members Pedro Pascal, 41, Jing Tian, 28, Wang Junkai, 17, and director Zhang 'Zym' Yimou, 64.
Hunky: The Hollywood A-lister looked handsome as ever as he spoke at a panel for his upcoming film The Great Wall
Good company: Matt was joined by his cast members and director (L-R) Wang Junkai, 17, Jing Tian, 28, Zhang "Zym" Yimou, 64, and Pedro Pascal, 41
The Bourne Identity star told the audience he jumped at the opportunity to work with Zhang, the director behind box office smash hits such as Raise the Red Lantern and Hero.
'So many of his movies just blew me away visually,' Matt explained according to The Hollywood Reporter. 'So few people work on that scale and nobody like him.'
'I've never done anything on this scale before. If I did it, it would have to be with Zhang Yimou.'
'Nobody like him': The Bourne Identity star told the audience he jumped at the opportunity to work with Zhang
'The girls in this really are bad-ass': The Good Will Hunting star boasted of the powerful iconic female characters
The Good Will Hunting star - who married his wife Luciana Bozán Barroso in 2005 - also added: 'The girls in this really are bad-ass.'
During an unanticipated Donald Trump mention, as The Great Wall may have been in reference to the presidential candidate's support for a massive wall to be built along the southern U.S. border and having Mexico pay for it, Matt shared a 'Happy Birthday' text from his father with the crowd.
'It said "My birthday present to you is letting you know that in exactly one month, we can kiss Trump goodbye. I doubt you'll ever get a better one. Let's keep the wall in the movie."'
The Great Wall is set for release in the U.S. on February 17, 2017.
'We can kiss Trump goodbye': Matt shared a 'Happy Birthday' text from his father with the crowd
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers