Rape victim wiped her own blood on her teen attacker and begged him to stop as he threatened to stab her to death
- Jack Walker, 18, grabbed woman's hair as he raped her in 'brutal' attack
- He threatened to stab the woman to death if she did not comply with him
- The 58-year-old smeared her own blood on him to get him to stop assault
Jack Walker, 18, above, attacked the woman and raped her as she walked her dog in Cumbria
A courageous rape victim wiped her own blood on her 18-year-old attacker as he threatened to stab her during a brutal attack.
Jack Walker was jailed for 11 years after admitting to raping a 58-year-old woman who was walking her dog in Workington, Cumbria, earlier this year.
Walker approached the woman as she took her dog through open grassland in the evening of July 15.
The News and Star reports that the teenager grabbed hold of her hair, repeatedly punched her, forced her to the ground where he raped her.
Throughout this sustained attack he threatened to stab her to death if she did not comply.
The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, begged him for mercy and put her own blood on his clothes which led to him being identified as the attacker.
She required hospital treatment after the attack, which the judge called 'brutal and savage'.
Detectives praised her bravery in the investigation.
Isla Chilton, Senior Crown Prosecutor for the North West Rape and Serious Sexual Offences Unit, said: 'During this terrifying ordeal the victim put her blood onto the defendant's clothing in a desperate appeal to his conscience of how seriously he was injuring her.
'As a result of her doing this, the forensic evidence proving he committed the offence was unquestionable. After initially denying the allegations, when faced with the overwhelming evidence against him, he was left with no other choice than to plead guilty.
'Jack Walker is clearly an extremely dangerous man who has today been taken off the streets for a significant length of time where he can no longer pose any harm to women.'
The 58-year-old woman suffered injuries which required hospital treatment in the attack. Walker threatened to kill her as he raped her on July 15
Marion Weir, defending, said the teenager was disgusted with what he had done.
Detective Constable Jim Grattan, West Cumbria CID, said: 'There is no excuse for Walker's unthinkable actions and I am glad that he is now facing a significant sentence for his crimes.
'His victim was innocently walking her dog when Walker forced himself upon and conducted his brutal attack.
'Rape and sexual offences have a huge impact on a victim and their families and I hope that today's sentencing offers some sort of closure. She has shown true bravery throughout our investigation.'
Walker, aged 18, was sentenced on Friday at Carlisle Crown Court following pleading guilty to rape, attempted rape, sexual assault and grievous bodily harm at a hearing on August 15.
He was sentenced to 11 years in prison, of which he will serve at leat two-thirds of his sentence and will be on license for five years once released. His name will be added to the sex offenders register, and a Sexual Harm Prevention Order was made.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers