EXCLUSIVE: Janice Dickinson's fiancé, 69, is seriously ill in hospital after falling 15ft off the roof at couple’s California home
- Robert Gerner fell while repairing their one-story Tarzana home on Friday
- He lost his balance on the roof and fell onto a pile of bricks
- The 69-year-old was rushed to hospital and heavily sedated since accident
- Distraught Janice has been at Rocky's bedside along with other family
- He is expected to stay in hospital for several days and could face surgery
- They canceled Thanksgiving trip to NY with plans to marry in December
Supermodel Janice Dickinson's fiancé is seriously ill in hospital after falling off the roof at the couple's home, DailyMail.com can reveal.
Robert 'Rocky' Gerner has a collapsed lung and several broken ribs after plunging around 15ft from the roof of their house in Tarzana, California while doing repairs on Friday morning.
The 69-year-old was rushed to hospital after the accident and has been heavily sedated with pain killers over the past 24 hours.
Distraught Janice has been at Rocky's bedside along with other family members as the retired doctor recovers.
Supermodel Janice Dickinson's fiancé Robert 'Rocky' Gerner is seriously ill in hospital after falling off the roof at the couple's home in Tarzana, California
Rocky has a collapsed lung and several broken ribs after plunging around 15ft from the roof of their house on Friday morning (pictured, the back of their house where he was working)
Rocky, 69, has been sedated since the accident, and potentially faces surgery as he is expected to stay in the hospital for several days
Janice's rep Stephen Lenehan told DailyMail.com: 'Rocky fell from the roof while doing home repairs at around 10am Friday morning.
'Unfortunately he has sustained serious injuries including a collapsed lung and about five broken ribs.
'Rocky is surrounded by family and Janice, who is obviously distraught and has not left his side.'
Rocky is being treated at Northridge Hospital Medical Center in Los Angeles and is expected to stay in hospital for several days and could face surgery.
Mr Lenehan said Rocky is a keen DIY enthusiast and gardener and has been hands on with renovations to the Tarzana property.
'He is very handy and loves doing the work around the house himself. He'd gone up on to the roof to carry out some minor repairs and lost his balance and fell.
'He fell on to a pile of bricks and rocks at the back of the house and was in a lot of pain.
'He was on his own but luckily had his cell phone in his pocket and called 911.'
Janice and Rocky plan to get married in December and are hoping Rocky will be well enough to make the ceremony
Photos of the back of the one story house show the ladder Rocky used to climb up on to the roof and another photo shows him recovering in hospital with Janice by his side.
It's been a challenging year for the couple. Janice, 61, has been in and out of court in her rape case against shamed comic Bill Cosby and in March she bravely revealed to DailyMail.com she is battling breast cancer.
Janice and Rocky plan to get married in December and are hoping Rocky will be well enough to make the ceremony.
The couple have already canceled a Thanksgiving trip to New York so Rocky can recover.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers