Is this the secret to 'smart' aging? Elle 'The Body' Macpherson, 52, says she can no longer 'rely on genetics' to maintain her beauty... and credits alkaline diet
She's been known as 'The Body' for nearly three decades.
But Elle Macpherson says her natural beauty is harder to maintain the older she gets.
In an Instagram post to promote her supplement range on Saturday, the mother-of-two said she needs to make more conscious eating choices to maintain her glowing complexion and stunning model physique.
Scroll down for video
Green and clean! In a motivational post shared to Instagram on Saturday, Elle Macpherson, 52, told her followers that her natural beauty is harder to maintain the older she gets and that she has now embraced an alkaline diet
'They ask me the smart way to age. When I was younger, I was able to rely on genetics,' she began.
'Today at 52, I need to make conscious choices that support my body for optimum health, vitality and beauty from the inside out.'
The statuesque beauty now follows an alkaline diet, and supplements sold through her company, WelleCo, are designed to help boost the alkalinity of a person's body.
The Body: The supermodel now attributes her ongoing beauty to an alkaline diet and a supplement designed by her business, WelleCo
Aging secrets revealed? Elle hailed 'plant-based supplements' in a recent motivational post
She says she discovered the plant-based diet a few years ago, after feeling rundown.
Now, Elle follows her alkaline diet, which includes lean proteins such as fish, and only takes her own supplements.
The business mogul also says a big part of her ongoing beauty is the way she has accepted aging gracefully.
Inner glow! The 52-year-old said she was able to retain her beauty because she worked harder at taking care of her body on the inside
Adaptable: The mother-of-two says she has had to adapt to changes in her body and learn to work with them not against them
'Our bodies change; how I deal with the change is directly correlated to how beautiful I look,' she told The New Potato in April.
Elle believes her diet has improved her skin, hair, nails and mood - and claims to have lost some weight around her stomach as a result too.
Earlier this month, the supermodel spoke to the Telegraph about her body image and the diet.
‘I’ve learnt that a good smile, good teeth, good hair, good skin, a good mood is worth a thousand injectables and Botox and facials and masks,' she told the paper.
'It disguises a myriad of what can be seen as imperfections.’
Perfectly imperfect: Elle says good skin, nails and hair can cover 'a myriad' of other imperfections
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers