Jon Voight comes out in SUPPORT of Trump saying 'all men' talk like him about women and then fires off tirade at actor pal Robert De Niro for calling Donald a 'pig'
- Oscar winner Jon Voight took to Twitter to slam Robert De Niro for his anti-Trump rant
- Video of legendary actor slamming Donald Trump surfaced over the weekend
- The clip was filmed by non-partisan group called #VoteYourFuture
- Organization was filming celebrities for video to get people to go vote
- De Niro's and other celebrities were asked 'What do you care about?'
- In De Niro's clip he went off on tangent ranting about GOP nominee
- Called Trump a 'dog' who 'is blatantly stupid' and 'wants to punch him'
- Voight defended Trump for his 'grab them by the p***y' comments
- Midnight Cowboy star said that while Trump's comment 'didn't hurt anybody,' De Niro's diatribe did
It's the Midnight Cowboy versus the Raging Bull.
Hollywood heavyweight Jon Voight came out swinging on social media against fellow thespian legend Robert De Niro for his diatribe against Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.
Voight, who has been an active supporter of conservative Republicans, defended Trump for remarks he made during a private conversation with Access Hollywood host Billy Bush in 2005.
Unbeknownst to Trump and Bush, the remarks were picked up by a microphone and recorded.
Trump is heard telling Bush that he tried to seduce a married woman, television host Nancy O'Dell, and that his celebrity status enabled him to make sexual advances toward women.
Actor Jon Voight (left) criticized Robert De Niro (right) after video of De Niro slamming Donald Trump while filming a political testimony video for non-partisan group surfaced
Voight took to Twitter on Saturday, saying he was 'ashamed' of De Niro's outburst.
The Midnight Cowboy star said that Trump's recorded remarks 'were not as damaging as Robert DeNiro's [sic] ugly rant.'
'Trump's words did not hurt anyone,' Voight tweeted.
Scroll down for video
The conservative actor also said that Trump's comments were no different than those made by other straight men seeking female companionship.
'I don't know of too many men who haven't expressed some sort of similar sexual terms toward women, especially in their younger years,' Voight tweeted.
The father of Angelina Jolie also denounced 'Republican turncoats,' a reference to senior GOP congressmen, governors, and other representatives who have publicly renounced their support for Trump in the wake of the Access Hollywood leak.
In the hours after the video emerged late Friday, a different video surfaced showing De Niro as he launches into an anti-Trump rant.
Trump (seen here at an October 5 campaign rally near Las Vegas) is under fire on Sunday for making crude remarks about women that were recorded
Voight took to Twitter on Saturday, denouncing De Niro for his 'foul words he used against a presidential nominee'
The conservative actor also criticized 'Republican turncoats,' a reference to the senior GOP figures who announced that they were no longer backing Trump for president
Voight also defended Trump for his remarks about women, which were picked up by a hot mic as he was filming a segment for Access Hollywood in 2005
Voight tweeted that De Niro's words, in which he is heard calling Trump a 'bulls**t artist,' were more damaging than those used by Trump
Voight tweeted that 'all hell would break loose' if similar words were used against Democratic politicians like Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama
While filming a political testimony video for a non-partisan group called #VoteYourFuture, the legendary actor was asked a question that all participants were asked: 'What do you care about?'
De Niro said what he cares about is the direction of the country - but to make that point, he had a few choice words for Trump.
'I mean, he's so blatantly stupid. He's a punk. He's a dog. He's a pig. He's a con, a bulls*** artist. A mutt who doesn't know what he's talking about,' De Niro says.
As the minute-long clip continues, De Niro continues to hurl insults at the Republican presidential nominee.
'He doesn't do his homework, doesn't care. He thinks he's gaming society. He doesn't pay his taxes.
'He's an idiot. Colin Powell said it best, he's a national disaster. He's an embarrassment to this country.
'It makes me so angry that this country has gotten to this point, that this fool, this bozo has wound up where he has,' De Niro continues.
By the video's halfway mark De Niro still hasn't mentioned Trump by name but continues to throw pointed attacks at him.
'He talks how he wants to punch people in the face. Well, I'd like to punch him in the face.
'This is somebody that we want for president? I don't think so. What I care about is the direction of this country. And what I'm very, very worried about is that it might go in the wrong direction with someone like Donald Trump.
'If you care about your future, vote for it,' he says as the video finishes.
The clip was made public on Friday and most of the rant didn't make it in to the official #VoteYourFuture video.
Only two lines of De Niro's - none of which came from the rant - made it in to the final star-studded video, which features celebrities like Leonardo DiCaprio, Julia Roberts, Olivia Wilde, Kendall Jenner among dozens of other famous famous.
De Niro has been an outspoken supporter of Hillary Clinton.
'I think that she's paid her dues. She has earned the right to be president and the head of the country at this point. It's that simple,' De Niro said, according to CBS News.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers