Is Billy the reason Nancy left Access Hollywood in 2009? O'Dell's premature departure may have stemmed from Bush's 'tantrums' on set
- Nancy O'Dell left Access Hollywood two years before her contract was up
- Some believe it was because of Billy Bush who at times acted like an 'entitled jock' while on set, which 'annoyed his colleagues'
- It was reported that O'Dell's departure came from Bush's 'tantrums'
- Representative for O'Dell at the time said she had been uncomfortable for several months leading up to her departure in 2009
For years, rumors surrounded Nancy O'Dell's abrupt decision to leave Access Hollywood in 2009, and some have blamed her departure on her co-host Billy Bush.
While some staff at Access Hollywood liked Bush, others felt that he was a 'highly polarizing figure who at times acted like an entitled jock', which 'annoyed his colleagues' an NBC insider told the DailyMail.
In 2009, a source told the New York Daily News that O'Dell's premature departure from the show, may have stemmed from Bush's 'tantrums'.
For years, rumors surrounded Nancy O'Dell's abrupt decision to leave Access Hollywood and some blamed her departure on co-host Billy Bush
O'Dell, who had appeared on the show since 1996 and with Bush since 2004, left in 2009 because she desired to 'take her career to the next level', her representative said at the time
O'Dell, who had appeared on the show since 1996 and with Bush since 2004, left in 2009 because she desired to 'take her career to the next level', her representative said at the time.
But the Daily News' source said that the 'atmosphere at Access Hollywood' was 'like walking on a landmine because of Billy'.
'He throws tantrums and tirades and oftentimes for no apparent reason. It was one of several things that had Nancy at her wit's end after 13 years.'
The source told the Daily News in 2009 that O'Dell reported Bush's antics but he never received punishment for his actions.
'Nancy was still subjected to Billy's outbursts and blow-ups on set, just like everyone else was,' the source told the newspaper.
'Billy would go so far as to curse out producers for not writing the copy in a way he liked it, and would really go off if they assigned him to read a story that he felt was beneath him,' the source added.
At the time of O'Dell's departure, a representative for Access Hollywood told the Daily News that the rumors 'between Nancy O'Dell and Billy Bush are unfounded and completely false'.
In 2009, another source told PEOPLE that O'Dell had been uncomfortable for several months leading up to her departure.
The source said that the 'atmosphere at Access Hollywood' was 'like walking on a landmine because of Billy', who is now on the Today show (pictured). The source said that Bush used to throw 'tantrums and tirades and oftentimes for no apparent reason'
On Friday, it was revealed that Bush (right) was with Donald Trump (left) in 2005 on the set of Access Hollywood when the Republican nominee was heard bragging about his power over women, while he also detailed how he tried to seduce O'Dell, who was married
Bush, who was heard on the recording commenting and laughing, apologized for his role in the recording on Friday
At the time, the insider said O'Dell saw the show going into a more sensational direction.
'She has spent a lot of years building respect in the entertainment community and celebrities trust her,' the source told the magazine.
'She's known as the nice and classy girl. She values that.'
On Friday, it was revealed that Bush was with Donald Trump in 2005 on the set of Access Hollywood when the Republican nominee was heard bragging about his power over women, while he also detailed how he tried to seduce O'Dell, who was married.
NBC insiders have called on the network to fire Bush immediately after the recording emerged.
'I moved on her and I failed. I'll admit it. I did try and f*** her. She was married', Trump says in the recording obtained by the Washington Post.
'And I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, 'I'll show you where they have some nice furniture.
'I moved on her like a b***h, but I couldn't get there. And she was married,' Trump continued.
Bush, who was heard on the recording commenting and laughing, apologized for his role in the recording on Friday.
He said in a statement: 'Obviously I'm embarrassed and ashamed. It's no excuse, but this happened eleven years ago - I was younger, less mature, and acted foolishly in playing along. I'm very sorry.'
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers