Julia Roberts cuts $10MILLION from the price of her Hawaiian home - but it'll still cost you $19.5million
- The home has been on the market since April 2015 but still hasn't sold
- Owners and guests will be able to spread out between the home's seven bedrooms and four bathrooms
- Estate sits at the center of Hanalei Bay's coveted two-mile crescent
- Buyers would receive classic 1917 plantation-style home and a guest house
- Offers direct access to some 213 feet of beach that lies at the edge of the property
If you've been toying with the idea of purchasing Julia Roberts historic Hawaiian sugar plantation-era home, but thought $30 million was a little overpriced, now could be your chance.
The Oscar-winning actress has just shaved a massive $10million dollars off the listing price, knocking the six bedroom house down to an almost-reasonable $19.5million.
The revised asking price not only gets you the historic home but two acres of prime Hawaii beachfront real estate, a one-bedroom guest cottage and the right to brag that you live in the Pretty Woman's former digs.
Off Kauai's north shore in Hanalei, the main house was first built in 1915 by sugar plantation executive Hans Peter Fayé.
Scroll down for video
Historic: Julia Roberts' Hawaiian estate has had $10million knocked off the asking price, and is now on sale for $19.5 million
Estate: The six bedroom home once owned by a 20th century sugar executive sits on two acres of land on Kauai's north shore
Profitable: Roberts and her husband Danny Moder purchased the home in 2011 for just under $14 million - $5 million below the asking price
The main house is painted in a deep shade of red and comes complete with beamed ceilings, a galley-style kitchen and wrap around windows. The home also features a covered porch that faces the ocean.
According to Pacific Business News, Roberts and her husband Danny Moder purchased the home in 2011 for just under $14 million - $5 million below asking price.
The Fayé Estate, as it's known, is in lofty company on exclusive Hanalei Bay. Nearby, real estate is owned by such notables as Chuck Norris, Mark Zuckerberg and Oakley founder James Jannard.
Other celebrities with ties to Kauai’s North Shore include Honolulu-born Bette Midler, former James Bond actor Pierce Brosnan and comedian Ben Stiller.
The house sits on a two acre plot of land and is well set back from the beach to which it also has direct access
Bragging rights: The estate totals seven bedrooms and four bathrooms with nearly 3,800 square feet of living space
Exclusive: The Fayé Estate, as it's known, is in lofty company on exclusive Hanalei Bay. Nearby, real estate is owned by such notables as Chuck Norris, Mark Zuckerberg and Oakley founder James Jannard
Historic: There are many authentic touches throughout as well as a rustic cottage for guests
Pricey: The Fayé Estate exclusive zip code recently saw its median home price exceed $1 million
The home sits well back from its 200 feet of private beach, a result of a tidal wave in 1957 that crashed through the bottom of the home but left the top intact
Julia Roberts has lowered the asking price of her Kauai estate in Hanalei, Hawaii to $19.5million (file photo)
Fayé Estate sits well back from its 200 feet of pristine beach, which was not always the case according to a history of the estate.
In 1957, a tidal wave struck the home and shoved it back to the center of the property. The top of the home miraculously remained intact and the cottage was built from the wreckage while crews were rebuilding the bottom floor.
Today, the home and cottage are being rented out by Roberts, so if you can't afford to own, you can live like a movie star during your vacation to the Aloha State.
The rent starts at $1,500 per night. The cottage goes for a more reasonable $350 per night.
Roberts, 48, won an Academy Award for her leading role in Erin Brockovich (2000) and was nominated for August: Osage County (2013), Pretty Woman (1990) and Steel Magnolias (1989). This year she appeared in the films Mother's Day and Money Monster.
Currently, the home and cottage are being rented out by Roberts, so if you can't afford to own, you can live like a movie star during your vacation to the Aloha State
This could be yours: The one bedroom cottage on the property is currently renting for a minimum of $350 per night
Vacation rental: The main home is being rented as a vacation home as well and starts at $1,500 per night
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers