Carly Simon reworks You're So Vain for anti-Trump commercial to poke fun at his 'apricot face' and strategically-dipped campaign hats
- Iconic song was used in a Hillary Clinton super PAC ad slamming Trump
- Montage of photographs of the candidate accompanied the track
- Simon changed just one of the lyrics to mock Trump's apricot face
- Musician said she was 'alarmed' at the prospect of Trump winning election
Carly Simon has allowed You're So Vain to be used in an anti-Trump commercial, reworking the lyrics of the anthemic song to poke fun at his 'apricot face' and strategically dipped campaign hats.
It is the first time the musician has allowed one of her songs to be used politically.
Simon gave permission to the Patriotic Artists and Creatives PAC, a pro-Clinton super PAC, to include the song in its most recent commercial smearing the Republican candidate.
Scroll down for video
Carly Simon has reworked her iconic song You're So Vain for an anti-Trump campaign commercial
In it, a montage of photographs of Trump is shown after the introduction of him by journalists who label him a 'psychopath, narcissist and ego-maniac.'
The well-known song's opening lyric - 'you walked in to the party like you were walking on to a yacht' - was timed with footage of Trump and his wife gliding down an escalator while supporters cheered them.
'Your hat strategically dipped below one eye', the next lyric, was accompanied by an image of a grimacing Trump wearing a campaign baseball cap.
In her only tweak to the track, Simon changed the next line - 'your scarf was apricot' - to ridicule the businessman's perma-tan.
'Your hat strategically dipped below one eye': Images of Trump wearing campaign baseball caps appeared
Simon changed 'your scarf' to jest 'your face it was apricot', sung to accompany a photograph of a bronzed-looking Trump
'You had one eye in the mirror': The Republican presidential candidate appeared with self-portraits and in self-loving poses
'And all the girls dreamed that they'd be your partner': Wedding day photographs of the businessman with his three wives flashed up
A photo-shopped image of Trump sitting on the back of a horse with a shirtless Vladimir Putin was also used
An image in which he appeared particularly bronzed flashed up while she sang: 'Your face, it was apricot'.
More images of the candidate followed in which he was seen posing next to self-portraits, (you had one eye in the mirror) and dancing, (you watched yourself gavotte).
Wedding day photographs from all three of his marriages were shown to accompany Simon singing: 'And all the girls dreamed that they'd be your partner.'
It continued to show photographs of his many endorsements, products, television shows and properties.
'I bet you think this song is about you': Vintage footage of Trump in boxing gloves and more recent photographs of him holding his own brand of vodka were also included
The commercial, produced by the pro-Clinton Patriotic Artists and Creatives PAC, concluded with the message: 'Donald Trump. Dangerously Vain.'
Vintage footage of Trump boasting that women and African Americans 'loved' him was also included as a bold self-proclamation to be the 'greatest jobs president that God ever created'.
The commercial concludes with the tagline: 'Donald Trump. Dangerously vain,' and an instruction to 'Vote Hillary'.
In a statement released to CNN by Simon's representatives, her decision to participate in the commercial was explained.
'(She) is alarmed at the prospect of Donald Trump reaching the White House and has joined other creative voices in making a definitive statement.'
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers