Could YOU be Kendall's muse? Miss Jenner teams up with LOVE magazine to find an 'icon for the next generation' on social media who she will photograph for the cover
- Kendall is launching LOVE ME - a search to find an icon for next generation
- Entrants can enter on social media and finalists will be flown out to LA
- The winner will be photographed by Kendall for the cover shoot
She's the most in-demand model-of-the-moment with millions of Instagram followers and designers bending over backwards to work with her.
But Kendall Jenner wants to offer someone else the opportunity to live just like her - so she's launching a social media search to find a new icon.
Along with LOVE Editor-in-Chief, Katie Grand, Kendall is launching LOVE ME - a cross-media search to find an icon for the next generation who will be photographed by the supermodel herself for the cover of the next issue of high fashion LOVE Magazine.
Supermodel Kendall Jenner is teaming up with LOVE magazine's editor-in-chief, Katie Grand, left, to find an 'icon for the next generation' on social media who she will photograph for the cover
The duo say that everyone is welcome to put themselves forward, whether they're already in the public eye, have thousands of followers or are completely unknown beyond their own circle of friends.
The stylish pair emphasise that this isn't a model competition. 'The aim is to find someone who represents something new, meaningful and specific to the current age,' they say.
'To discover a face that represents the times; a personality that in previous decades might have shone through, but which cannot make it through popular culture in its current state, gridlocked by corporate interests.'
From the candidates who come forward via social media, Katie and Kendall will draw up a shortlist of 20 finalists, who will be invited to LA in mid-November to be photographed by Kendall and interviewed for the cover story for the Spring/Summer 2017 issue of LOVE magazine that comes out in February next year.
The duo say that everyone is welcome to put themselves forward, whether they're already in the public eye, have thousands of followers or are completely unknown beyond their own circle of friends and Kendall filmed a video to announce the competition
'The aim is to find someone who represents something new, meaningful and specific to the current age,' they said in a video to announce the competition
Since Katie cast Kendall in Marc Jacobs Autumn/Winter 2014 show (with bleached eyebrows) at New York Fashion Week, she has been catapulted into the global fashion stratosphere
Entrants have to be aged between 15 and 35, and send a photo of themselves to LOVE Magazine via Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #LOVEME17.
Katie was one of the first people to spot Kendall's talent - and the reality TV star always credits the fashion editor with giving her a shot.
Since Katie cast Kendall in Marc Jacobs Autumn/Winter 2014 show (with bleached eyebrows) at New York Fashion Week, and subsequently in Giles’ London Fashion Week show, with her also taking over LOVE’s Instagram feed on Valentine’s Day that year, Kendall has been catapulted into the global fashion stratosphere.
Katie asked Kendall to shoot her friend Kaia Gerber for LOVE 16, also styling her
She has starred on two covers of LOVE Magazine, including alongside her best pal Cara Delevingne.
Having admired Kendall’s Instagram images, Katie asked her if she would like to shoot a story for the recent issue, so in her first-ever photoshoot for a fashion magazine, Kendall shot her friend Kaia Gerber for LOVE 16, also styling her.
Models Bella Hadid and Kendall Jenner pose backstage at the Marc Jacobs Spring 2017 fashion show during New York Fashion Week at the Hammerstein Ballroom last month
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers