'Field day with my little a***holes that I somehow still love': Maryland elementary school teacher under fire for using her students in racist Instagram posts
- Kelly Forostiak, 24, posted inappropriate pictures of students to Instagram
- The elementary school teacher posted one photo of black boy in sombrero
- Wrote caption on image saying: 'This is an African American Mexican'
- Another shows her with all of her students calling them 'a*******' in caption
- Deer Park Elementary has taken disciplinary action against Forostiak
- Declined to specify what consequences she will face but is still employed
A Baltimore elementary school teacher has come under fire for using students as props in racist posts to social media.
Kelly Forostiak, 24, of Baltimore, Maryland, is facing disciplinary action after several Instagram posts degrading her fifth grade class.
The Deer Park Elementary School teacher posted three images to her now-deleted Instagram account, which have caused the controversy.
In one screenshot of the post, Forostiak shows a black student in a sombrero and fake mustache. The caption reads: 'This is an African American Mexican #HappyHalloween.'
A Baltimore elementary school teacher is facing disciplinary action after posting degrading images of her students to Instagram
The Deer Park Elementary School teacher posted three images to her now-deleted Instagram account, which have caused the controversy
In this post showing Forostiak with her entire class, she calls the students her 'little a*******'
A second post shows a female student with a caption reading: 'When all the kids and staff are questioning your lipstick as you flash the "B****, I'm cute AF' face".'
An image posted to the account of Forostiak with her entire class was captioned: 'Field day with my little a***holes that I somehow still love #5thGradeSwag.'
One person commented on the image, saying: 'I do't think as a teacher you are supposed to call your students little a***holes on social media."
Forostiak responded by saying: 'It is okay they are 11 going on 18 hahaha.'
On Tuesday, Mychael Dickerson, a Baltimore County Schools spokesman said Forostiak (pictured) regretted making the posts
Forostiak is still employed at Deer Park Elementary School (pictured) but it is unclear what her punishment will be
On Tuesday, Mychael Dickerson, a Baltimore County Schools spokesman said Forostiak regretted making the posts, according to the Baltimore Sun.
Dickerson said Forostiak had given him permission to speak about the matter.
He said she will accept whatever disciplinary action she faces.
However, Dickerson was unable to comment on what kind of retribution she faces. He confirmed she is still employed at the school.
Emory Young, president of the Baltimore County Parent Teacher Association Council, told the Sun: 'It's an extremely poor choice of words. She should have used something more positive and uplifting.'
There is no date shown on the screenshots of the now deleted images and account.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers