Manchester City sweat over Sergio Aguero's fitness as striker limps out of Argentina training with calf problem
- Manchester City hope Sergio Aguero will be fit for their next game
- Aguero limped out of Argentina training on Sunday with a calf problem
- The striker could miss his country's qualifying clash with Paraguay
- City visit Everton on Saturday as Premier League action returns
- Aguero has been in fine form for City with 11 goals in just eight games
Manchester City face an anxious wait to find out whether Sergio Aguero will be fit for their Premier League return after he was forced off during Argentina training.
Aguero limped out of the session on Sunday with pain in his left calf and could miss the World Cup qualifier against Paraguay.
He is heading for tests to determine the extent of the problem, which City hope is minor ahead of Saturday’s visit of Everton.
Manchester City are sweating on Sergio Aguero after he limped out of training with Argentina
Aguero, here in action against Peru, could end up missing his country's clash with Paraguay
Argentina lie fifth in the South American group after a 2-2 draw against Peru and face a trip to Brazil next month.
AGUERO FOR CITY 2016-17
Yellow / red cards: 0/0
Minutes played: 704
Atletico Madrid’s Nicolas Gaitan is expected to take the 28-year-old’s place should the City striker fail to prove his fitness.
Aguero’s goalscoring record has been sensational under Pep Guardiola this season, with 11 in eight appearances.
He did not play for Argentina during last month’s qualifiers due to a calf injury.
Nicolas Otamendi and Pablo Zabaleta, meanwhile, are both suspended for the clash with Paraguay and will return to City training early this week.
The potential loss of Aguero would represent a big blow to City boss Pep Guardiola
Aguero has been in fine form for City with 11 goals in just eight games so far this season
Most watched Sport videos
- Arturo Vidal scores impossible goal during training
- Bradford goalkeeper Colin Doyle substituted after three minutes
- Sky Sports viewer captures moment Klopp told off for swearing
- 'New Messi?': Celtic youth's 12 year old Karamoko Dembele
- Karamoko Dembele in action at the St Kevin's Boys Academy Cup 2016
- Arturo Vidal scores a brace for Chile during Copa America
- Jesse Lingard welcomes Paul Pogba to Manchester United
- Pep Guardiola speaks post match after Man City Spurs loss
- Pep Guardiola says Toure won't play until agent apologises
- Where's Spurs? Klopp has a map of the English clubs in his office
- Hilarious moment Jesse Lingard nearly breaks golf club
- Clashes erupt among fans after West Ham clash with Middlesbrough