It's sexy, it's daring… It's crotch-baring! Slide over sideboob, there's a risqué new look turning heads on the red carpet - but be warned it could go 'horribly wrong'
- Many celebrities are opting for high-cut dresses that bare their crotch
- The look was flaunted by Bella Hadid at the Cannes Film Festival in May
- Kim Kardashian is another famous exponent of the daring new look
- Stylist Naomi Isted warned that the look could go 'horribly wrong'
Slide over sideboob, there is a new risqué trend taking the fashion world by storm.
Pioneered by style icons such as Bella Hadid and Kendall Jenner, the high-cut crotch is a daring new look that is pushing boundaries on the red carpet.
The look is not only in vogue at high-end events such as movie premieres. It is also proving popular for party dresses and bikinis.
Scroll down for video
Stunning: Model Bella Hadid, 19, wowed when she wore this high-cut dress to the Cannes Film Festival in May
Lithesome: The 19 year old's slender frame was perfect for the daring crotch-baring look
The look – dubbed the 'sidevag' on the Internet – was memorably flaunted by Bella Hadid in a high-cut red dress at the Cannes Film Festival in May.
The 19-year-old beauty stole the show in an Alexandre Vauthier gown which showed off every inch of her phenomenal frame while blatantly pointing to her choice to forgo underwear.
Her lithesome legs and slender torso were perfect for the daring look, which caused heads to spin and sent social media into a meltdown.
Speechless: Models Giulia Salemi (left) and Dayane Mello (right) opted for the high-cut look at the Venice Film Festival in September
Jaw dropping: All eyes were on stunning model Dayane Mello when she wore this risque pink dress to the Venice Film Festival
Italian models Giulia Salemi and Dayane Mello ripped up the rule book when they chose to rock the high-cut crotch at the usually-demure Venice Film Festival in September.
Onlookers could barely take their eyes off Ms Mello, who opted for a bright pink version of the design, which was strapless with puff-ball sleeves.
Ms Salemi was slightly more modest, with a plunging neckline and parachute-style tail.
The models left onlookers speechless with the jaw-dropping display at Palazzo del Casino where the premiere was held.
Other style icons to take on the high-cut crotch include Kendall Jenner – who rocked it at the MMVA awards in Toronto in 2014 – and her big sister Kim Kardashian, on a recent outing in New York.
Risque: Kendall Jenner was ahead of her time when she rocked the look at the MMVA Awards in Toronto, Canada, in 2014
Kim's doing it too: Kendall's older sister Kim Kardashian stepped-out in a high-cut bodysuit in New York in September
Stylist Naomi Isted has previously told Mail Online about the need for caution when opting to go for the high-cut crotch.
'There's a trend this year for everyone to wear sheer dresses with bodysuits underneath and this is an extreme extension of that,' she said.
'It's not a realistic thing for the public to wear. It's quite a dangerous look as it could go horribly wrong.
'If there's no underwear it's a potential fashion catastrophe.'
'Potential catastrophe': Stylist Naomi Isted warned that the high-cut look, seen here on Kim Kardashian, had the potential to end badly
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers