'I'd like to think we'll get married one day': X Factor's Ryan Lawrie gushes about girlfriend Emily Middlemas... as they leave first live show hand-in-hand
They may find themselves in fierce competition on The X Factor later this year.
But hopeful Ryan Lawrie, 20, is hoping his future with girlfriend Emily Middlemas, 17, extends way beyond the ITV show, after saying he'd like them to settle down one day.
Speaking to The Sun, the 20-year-old said that things were getting 'pretty serious' for the pair, as they continue to share a house with the other hopefuls.
Scroll down for video
Cute couple: X Factor's Ryan Lawrie has been speaking out about his future with fellow contestant Emily Middlemas, seen here leaving the show together on Saturday night
Asked if he thought she was The One, Ryan replied: 'We are pretty serious, yes. I would like to think she is the girl I am going to marry and have children with one day.'
Emily and Ryan, both originally from Scotland, have been dating for around nine months, though they first met four years ago.
They were forced to 'fast-forward' their relationship this month when the final 12 moved into a shared home in London to facilitate rehearsal time - but the couple are not allowed to share a room.
Sweet: Though they're in competition on the show, Ryan hopes their future extends way beyond the programme
'We can chill and watch a film,' he said. 'But when it comes to bedtime, it's bedtime and that's it. You can't sneak into each other's room.
'There's actually a sex ban in the house, but we wouldn't do that anyway. It's just professionalism, isn't it?'
Emily is currently competing in Simon's Girls category, while Ryan was selected as a wild card on behalf of Nicole Scherzinger's Boys.
He went on to say that the couple depend on each other and that he feels like he will be 'lost' without the pretty brunette.
But the duo are this year facing strong competition from the other categories, with Honey G emerging as a fast favourite within Sharon's Overs category.
Despite previously causing controversy when she was dubbed a 'joke act,' the musician managed to win over big boss Simon Cowell on the night.
Leaving: The duo went hand-in-hand, looking utterly loved up
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers