'God bless Mother Nature': Geri Horner, 44, reveals she is expecting her first baby with husband Christian, 42
- Former Spice Girls singer announced the news on Instagram on Monday
- Geri is already mother to 10-year-old Bluebell from a past relationship
- She married Formula 1 team manager Christian last May
- He is father to a three-year-old girl with ex-wife Beverley Allen
Geri Horner is pregnant at 44 - just over a year after tying the knot.
The former Spice Girls singer - who already has 10-year-old daughter Bluebell from a past relationship - and her husband Christian Horner, 42, are 'overjoyed' to be expecting their first child together.
A spokesperson for the 44-year-old star confirmed: 'Geri and Christian are absolutely delighted to announce they are expecting their first child together.
'God bless Mother Nature': Geri Horner, 44, took to Instagram on Monday to reveal she is expecting a baby with husband Christian, 42
'The couple are overjoyed with the good news and cannot wait to welcome the newest addition to their family.'
Geri borrowed a line from her single It's Raining Men to announce her happy news on Instagram.
She wrote: 'God bless Mother Nature #mamaspice (sic),' sharing a sketch of a heavily pregnant woman alongside the caption.
Happy couple: Geri and her husband Christian Horner (right, here in 2015) tied the knot in May 2015
God bless: The star referenced her hit It's Raining Men with her baby announcement
Geri previously described Formula One boss Christian - who she married last year - as her 'best friend'.
She said: 'My husband is my best friend. He knows me inside out, I don't edit myself with him. It was a big learning curve.'
The former Spice Girls singer has learned to accept herself for who she is and thinks being happy is the key to looking good.
She said: 'Being happy is the best beauty secret. I wish I'd known that when I was 20, I could have saved myself a lot of money...
Delighted: The star is said to be delighted about the baby joy
'I've wasted so much time trying to find-tune who I am but there's something so freeing about being kind to yourself and saying, 'Actually, I'm enough. This is going to have to do'.'
And late last year, the Lift Me Up hitmaker admitted she and Christian - who has a three-year-old daughter, Olivia, from a past relationship - would love to have another child and would even consider adoption.
She said: 'If it happens it happens and that will be amazing. But we are already blessed with two girls.
Comeback: Geri was supposed to be reforming The Spice Girls with Mel B and Emma Bunton under the name GEM
'We might think about adoption but to be honest, we know we are so lucky and so happy with things as they are, you have to realise when not to push your luck.'
The couple began publicly dating in March 2014, following his split from partner Beverley Allen, with whom he has a third-year-old daughter.
Geri and Christian announced their engagement in the births, deaths and marriages page in The Times.
The announcement comes after Horner was planning to reunite with Melanie Brown and Emma Bunton for a Spice Girls reunion.
Victoria Beckham and Melanie Chisholm have declined to take part.
Chisholm said that 'something didn't feel quite right and I had to follow my gut', while Beckham said that the band should perform new songs.
Mama Spice: Geri (here in 1997) is to become a mother for the second time
Singer Horner's former love interests are said to include Russell Brand, Henry Beckwith and David Walliams and she was also linked to Robbie Williams.
In 2005, while she was dating Sacha Gervasi, a screenwriter, she fell pregnant with her daughter.
She recently gushed about her life: 'Of all the stages of my life I don't think I've ever felt happier, more content or more myself. I have absolutely everything I never dreamed I'd have. My Christmas came early this year.'
And she said of her husband: 'He was a big enough man to take on my whole Spice Girl past and be proud of it.'
Throwback: Geri (centre) is most famous for her part in Nineties girlband The Spice Girls with (from left) Melanie B, Melanie C, Victoria Beckham And Emma Bunton
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers