'Gay for DOLLY!': Katy Perry wears eclectic multi-coloured dress as she looks in awe of legend Dolly Parton in backstage snap
She's rubbed shoulders with some of the biggest names on the planet.
But Katy Perry looked in awe of her idol Dolly Parton, in a picture she posted to Instagram on Saturday.
The 31-year-old Roar singer shared the backstage snap, captioned: 'Gay 4 DOLLY! ❤️'
Backstage: Katy Perry looked in awe of her idol Dolly Parton, in a snap she posted to Instagram on Saturday
Katy was wearing an unusual multi-coloured knitted dress and cape as she stood with the petite Jolene songstress.
The Kissed A Girl hit-maker had a VIP pass at Dolly's concert at The Hollywood Bowl last Saturday.
Not only did Katy get to hang out backstage with the 70-year-old country singing legend but she got to gorge on hot dogs and other treats for Dolly and her guests.
Gleeful: Katy Perry got to rub shoulders with Dolly Parton backstage before her idol's concert at the Hollywood Bowl on Saturday
She also shared a video on social media on the night.
'Hi everyone, we're at The Hollywood Bowl with Dolly Parton - she's about to go on,' Katy shouted with glee.
'Yes, I am,' Dolly agreed while smiling.
'We love you,' Katy added, a sentiment that was echoed by Parton, who is currently on her Pure & Simple Tour.
'She's about to go on!' The Roar singer couldn't seem to believe her luck
Hot dog: Katy gorged on a mustard and ketchup covered hot dog during the show
That looks delicious: The food came from Dolly's own catered backstage party
Flashing forward, Katy's video camera captured Dolly on stage singing one of her sweet ballads.
Dolly was dressed up in a flowing white and shimmery ensemble topped by a platinum blonde bouffant hairdo.
Katy was so taken that she drew a halo over Dolly's shining presence.
Feeling hopeful: The 31-year-old singer was clearly in awe of the 70-year-old country music legend
Halo: Katy was so taken with Dolly's performance that she painted an angelic halo over her shining presence
Stage door: Katy had her own Dolly concert entrance door
Of course, Katy and Dolly certainly were in tune as they performed a duet at the ACM Awards in Las Vegas on April 3 this year.
Dolly couldn't stop singing Katy's praises to Rare Country: 'She’s a very smart girl. A very talented girl. She’s a great writer. Great singer, and I hope she does stay in this business as long as I have.
'But she’s very complimentary of me, and I’m very honored and flattered about that.'
In tune: Katy and Dolly performed a duet at the ACM Awards in Las Vegas on April 3 this year
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers