Wikileaks claims Clinton revealed secrets of Bin Laden raid in paid speech - and wanted 'Pied Piper' extremists like Trump, Carson and Cruz to win GOP nomination cause they'd be easy to beat
- The latest revelations from the Wikileaks email dump who that Hillary Clinton talked about the Osama bin Laden raid during paid speeches
- The story she told a business group doesn't match up with media reports, with Wikileaks suggesting she may have spilled classified info
- In another set of conversations the Clinton campaign eyed Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and Ben Carson hoping they'd be nominated by the GOP
- Clinton's people believed their extreme views would drag all the Republicans to the right and make them 'unpalatable' to the electorate
The latest emails made public by WikiLeaks reveal that Hillary Clinton may have potentially spilled secrets about the Osama bin Laden raid during paid speeches.
They also show that Clinton had her eye on more 'extreme' Republican candidates, hoping that Donald Trump, Ben Carson or Sen. Ted Cruz became the GOP nominee so that it would be easier for her to win the White House.
The New York Post outlined some of the latest revelations brought to light thanks to Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta's emails being hacked.
Scroll down for video
Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman John Podesta's emails reveal that the former secretary of state gave never-before-heard details about the Osama bin Laden raid to groups she speaking to for cash, with Wikileaks pondering whether Clinton revealed classified info
Emails from the Podesta hack also show that Hillary Clinton's campaign wanted Donald Trump, Ted Cruz or Ben Carson to get the GOP nomination because they'd be too extreme to be 'palatable' to general election voters
On Friday, the trove was released by Wikileaks.
Some of the emails include content from the speeches that Clinton delivered, for payment, to bankers and business group.
And some of those conversations articulate how the former secretary of state talked about the 2011 bin Laden raid.
'I was in the small group that recommended to the president that he go after bin Laden,' Clinton said in 2013 to a Toronto business group, according to the Post.
'The amount of work that was required to get a strong-enough basis of information on which to plan took more than a decade ... and then all of a sudden putting this matrix together and saying, "This guy used to protect bin Laden – he has just made a phone call. He said this in the phone call. We need to figure out where he is. Then we need to follow him,"' Clinton continued.
'And that is now we found this compound in Abbottabad [Pakistan],' Clinton said.
Wikileaks mused in a tweet: 'Did Clinton break classification laws or did she mislead over Bin Laden revelation?'
According to the Post, what Clinton said in Toronto varied from other version of how the U.S. figured out where the 9/11 mastermind was hiding.
Some reports said the United States was tipped off by a Pakistani intelligence sources, while others say the terrorist was found by using extensive surveillance.
In another set of conversations, the Clinton campaign thought of ways to push Trump, Cruz and Carson, who they considered 'Pied Piper' candidates, and who they thought would be so 'unpalatable' to a broader-based electorate that the former secretary of state would definitely win.
This trio of candidates was identified in an email sent to the Democratic National Committee in April 2015.
It advises the DNC to 'Force all Republican candidates to lock themselves into extreme conservative positions that will hurt them in the general election,' the Post's report said.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers