The Donald hoists his mini-me on stage as his crowd roars – and doppelganger baby steals the show by saying he wants to stay with Trump!
- Donald Trump spotted a baby dressed as him – complete with golden-haired wig – in his crowd of thousands during a Pennsylvania rally
- The toddler's father handed him to a campaign aide who brought him to the Republican presidential nominee on stage
- Trump asked his mini-me three questions, and each time the tyke responded with the last syllable he heard
- Trump caught on by question number 3, asking if the child would rather go back to his parents or 'stay with Donald Trump?'
- The sea of supporters cheered and applauded when the baby repeated: 'Trump!'
Donald Trump met his mini-me in Pennsylvania on Monday night, and picked up his youngest endorsement to date.
In the middle of a campaign rally in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, he spotted a toddler – dressed in a dark suit, sporting a golden wig and wearing a 'VOTE' button – sitting atop his father's shoulders
'Look at that guy over there!' Trump yelled and pointed.
'Wow! A baby!'
Scroll down for video
MINI-ME: Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump held up a toddler dressed as him during a campaign rally in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
'TRUMP!' The child, repeating the last syllable he heard in each question the politician asked him, said he would rather not go back to his parents, preferring to stay with Trump
WILD: Trump's crowd roared and cheered as he pulled off the high-stakes stunt with a 1-year-old fan
His audience roared as they spotted what Trump saw, a few dozen yards into a packed hockey arena.
And then the father did something unexpected, handing his son to a campaign aide so he could come on stage with the Republican presidential candidate.
Trump tucked the child football-style and brought him to the podium while thousands cheered.
RIGHT ON THE NOSE: Trump's tiny apprentice was a huge hit in Pennsylvania
'What's your name?' Trump asked him, holding him aloft and leaning in to the microphone.
'Name!' the child repeated.
'Now, he's supposed to look like Donald Trump,' the billionaire said, 'but he's actually much too good looking. You are really handsome!'
'Are you having a good time tonight?' he asked.
'Night!' he responded, continuing to repeat the last syllable he heard.
Perhaps sensing the pattern, Trump asked him one last question.
RISKY: Integrating babies into political theatre can result in disaster, but Trump's tiny doppelganger played along and didn't cry
'WHAT'S YOUR NAME?' Trump's young acolyte responded: 'Name!'
'Where's your daddy, and your mommy, right? Do you want to go back to them, or do you want to stay with Donald Trump?'
'Trump!' the mini-Donald parroted back.
The roar was deafening.
Trump's high-stakes gambit – babies in politics are as unpredictable as pets – paid off. The boy didn't cry or complain.
And by night's end, as Trump worked a rope line with his daughter Tiffany, fans were making secondary beelines to the baby. And taking selfies with the latest accidental celebrity on the Trump train.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers