Samsung's Whopper of a problem! Korean Burger King worker struggles with burning Galaxy Note 7 as diners scream after it explodes in latest PR disaster for phone firm
- The video of the woman's struggle with the phone has gone viral after it was posted to YouTube
- The shocking footage was filmed in a branch of Burger King in the city of Incheon in South Korea
- Samsung has announced it is stopping production of the handset after several reports of devices catching fire
In the latest PR disaster for Samsung, a Burger King employee has been filmed struggling with a burning Galaxy Note 7 at a restaurant in Korea.
Using both hands and wearing a pair of heavy-duty oven gloves, the woman struggles to handle the phone, which is pouring with smoke.
Onlookers at the branch of Burger King in the city of Incheon in South Korea shriek as the woman uses the heatproof gloves to place the phone on a table, before dropping the warped and melted handset onto the floor.
A Burger King employee wasfilmed struggling with a burning Galaxy Note 7 at a branch of the restaurant in South Korea
She tries to place the burning handset on a table before dropping it onto the floor
The phone eventually stops smoking after landing on the ground, but when the employee lifted the handset from the table, the Note 7 had left behind a large black scorch mark.
The video of the woman's struggle has gone viral after it was posted to YouTube on Saturday - just two days before Samsung announced it was stopping production of the troubled handsets.
Diners shriek as the employee, wearing heavy duty oven gloves, struggles to handle the burning and smoking phone
The handset eventually stop smoking after the woman drops it onto the ground
Samsung has confirmed the device in the footage was a Galaxy Note 7, but did not comment further.
The manager of the outlet told an online news website Wikitree that the store had requested compensation from Samsung for the damage to the table.
The phone leaves behind a big black scorch mark on a table in the restaurant after the employee picks it up
The phone was seen smoking on a table next to an empty tray of food
Samsung announced it was halting production of the Note 7 after a spate of fires involving new devices that were supposed to be safe replacements for earlier recalled models.
The company has said consumers with original Note 7 devices or replacements they obtained after the recall should turn off the power and seek a refund or exchange them for different phones.
The restaurant in Incheon in South Korea has said it is seeking compensation for the damage to the burnt table
The video was filmed just two days before Samsung announced it was halting production of the Note 7 after a spate of fires
Leading mobile network operators had already said they would stop distributing new Note 7 phones as replacements for the earlier recall.
The first report of a Note 7 explosion surfaced on August 24 in South Korea and since then there have been more than 100 reports of battery failures or fires in the U.S. alone.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers